Ride in the Victorian High Country and follow the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail on a relaxed 4 day cycling adventure
Is there a better part of Australia to cycle through than the Victorian High Country? Framed by the Victorian Alps and dominated by the nearby Mount Buffalo, this is a region well known for its natural beauty, welcoming people and delicious wine. This cycling trip takes in the best of it at a pace set to enjoy and experience rather than get the heart racing. Kick things off in the well-preserved historic town of Beechworth, then cycle the famous sealed tracks of the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail through small gold-mining towns like Myrtleford before arriving into the heart of the High Country, Bright. Meander through wine country, enjoy some proper Victorian hospitality at local pubs and rediscover the joy of pedalling through one of the most gorgeous areas in the entire nation.
Save more, see more with up to 25% off* 2023 trips. Adventure is just a click away. Ends 2 Dec.Terms & Conditions
Cycle the spectacular Murray to Mountains Rail Trail, the best known and loved rail trail in Victoria, sampling the bounty of country Victoria along the way.
Ride along flat, sealed, and traffic-free paths alongside some of the High Country's most stunning scenery.
Begin your journey in Beechworth, a fascinating insight into the past and home to the Beechworth Bakery, official home of the Ned Kelly pie, and end at the charming Bright in the heart of High Country.
Experience firsthand the famous hospitality of local Victorians as you tackle a trail built specifically to cater to cyclists.
Cycle in the company of an experienced guide as they share their unique perspective of this fascinating region.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
This itinerary does not have a full-time support vehicle constantly following the group. Your luggage is always transported for you (by vehicle) between accommodations.
Due to the relatively small distances cycled on this trip, we have a single leader that rides with the group.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail: Beechworth to Bright trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Bicycles are included on this trip but you are welcome to bring your own bike should you choose. A discount of $AUD100 will apply to those people bringing their own bike - please ask your travel consultant for more details.
2. This trip starts on Day 1 at 2 pm in Beechworth and finishes in Bright at 11 am on Day 4 of the trip. If you want to return to Beechworth you will need to book a transfer (at 5.30pm) or take the once-a-day V-line coach.
3. To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
4. On this trip, we have a single leader that rides with the group.
5. This trip does not have a support vehicle but your luggage is transported for you from accommodation to accommodation each day.
6. Our riding is done mostly on a fully sealed cycle path, so there are no technical cycling skills required.
7. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are on an 'on request' basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed booking. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking.
8. This trip no longer offers a tour of the Bright Brewery in Day 3 but now includes the Billson's Brewery Tour & tasting paddle (on Day 1).
9. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information