Do South America right. Really jump in there and cover all of the highlights, as well as a few surprises, on this epic journey across Peru, Bolivia, Argentina and Brazil. Dive deep into the Amazon jungle, trek the iconic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, browse weird and wacky trinkets at Witches' Market of La Paz, take mind-bending photos at Bolivia's incredible salt flats, see the might Iguazu Falls and wrap up in Rio de Janeiro on this in-depth journey across South America.
Dates and availability
1. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 2 pm. If you are unable to find a suitable flight it is possible to book additional nights at the joining accommodation.
2. There are no activities on the final day and you are free to depart anytime.
3. In order to obtain the necessary permit to trek the Inca Trail, we must be provided with accurate details of the passport to be used whilst travelling in Peru. If the name, passport number, nationality or date of birth shown on the permit are different from the passport, park authorities will refuse entry. If passport details have not been supplied, the permit cannot be issued. When we are unable to secure the "Classic Trail", our groups take the "Inca Quarry Trek". This also applies during February each year, when the Classic Trail is closed for restoration.
4. While hiking the 4 Day Inca Trail or 3 Day Inca Quarry trail portion of this trip you may be joined by some non-Intrepid travelers, who might be over the age of 29 years old.
5. Nationals from the United States need a visa to enter Bolivia and you we highly recommend you obtain this visa in advance from your nearest Bolivian consulate or Embassy. Not obtaining the visa in advance is likely to cause long delays at the border.
6. Please note you may require a Brazilian Visa for this trip. Processing can take around 2-5 weeks at the discretion of the embassy or consulate. Please speak with your travel agent well in advance for further advice.
7. Parts of your trip go above 2800 meters / 9200 feet where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness.
8. Please note that the Single Supplement does not include nights 2,3,12,17,18 and 19.
9. This trip is a combination of three of our most popular departures. As such the make up of the group and the tour leader may change on Days 15 and 26.
10. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase Entrance fees to certain sites. Additionally on certain trips it's needed to book bus, train or flight tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
11. On June 30th Peruvian authorities released a new list of regulations for visiting Machu Picchu, which came into effect from July 1st. The main points impacting our visits are:
1. There is now a time limit to visit the citadel. Morning visitors must exit the site by 12pm and afternoon visitors by
2. Visitors must complete a designated circuit, in one direction only. Exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted and, upon completion, visitor must exit the site. There is no allowance for personal exploration of the site any longer.
Overall we support these changes as they help preserve this invaluable archaeological site. While this somehow restricts the amount of time we are now allowed to spend in Machu Picchu, we’ll do all possible to maximize your time there and make sure you have the best possible experience.
12. In addition to a Traveler’s Affidavit, and health insurance, entry into Chile currently requires submitting proof of vaccination in advance of travel or proof of a negative PCR test within 48 hours of departure. As this validation process can take a while, it is recommended that you submit your electronic validation request 30 days in advance of Travel. The link to submit and more information is available here: https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/
13. As you can choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), there is a small chance you may be the only traveller on your selected option.
14. Fees may apply if you choose to change from the Inca Trail to the Train or Quarry Trail after your booking has been made.
Filter by rating