Sail close to the clouds on Lake Titicaca and meet the descendants of ancient civilisations that inhabit its islands. Feel the spongy reeds of the 'floating' Uros islands beneath your feet, learn about unique local cultures and customs at a homestay, and relish the vistas over seemingly infinite waters from the brilliant Taquile Island. This is the world’s highest navigable lake, sitting at a soaring 3,812 m above sea level. On this unique and inspiring trip, encounter the fascinating people and beautiful locations that characterise this evocative place.
Dates and availability
1. This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader – our local representative fills this role – and the configuration of any fellow travelers in the group might change during the trip.
This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travelers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own.
2. This trip starts in the morning at approximately 7am, we recommend you arrange 1 nights pre-tour accommodation for this trip.
Please ensure you notify us of the hotel details no later than 15 days prior to departure.
3. This trip will finish in the late afternoon, please do not arrange any flights out of Juliaca Airport prior to 8pm.
4. Age restrictions apply to this trip - minimum age 5.
5. The closest airport to Puno is Juliaca airport, approx. 30 minutes drive from Puno.
6. Name and passport number are required at time of booking. Delays to provide this information may result in third party booking fees.
7. For your Short Break Adventure you will be picked up from your Puno hotel. Please let us know what hotel you need to be picked up from at least 15 days prior to your trip start day.
8. Starting from 23rd Jan, the Peruvian government has enforced new regulations around movements in the country and access to public indoor venues by requiring anybody over 40 to show evidence of a booster shot. This includes catching domestic flights, trains, and going to restaurants, museums, banks, shops etc. We strongly advise you to book and complete your booster dose if you haven’t got it before your trip so that this new regulation won’t impact your experience and enjoyment in travelling in Peru.