Head out into the wilds of Kruger National Park in comfort
No holiday to South Africa would be complete without a safari - a chance to spot Africa's Big Five and to wander the vast open savanna. Join us as we heed the call of the Kruger and embark on a magical journey into this vast, game-filled national park. Search for lions, leopards, buffaloes, rhinos and elephants during the day, and then relax in a comfortable lodge at night. This is the perfect way to see the spectacular Kruger National Park without sacrificing creature comforts.
For a limited time only take an additional 20% off select trips* - Offer ends soon!Terms & Conditions
Experience a private game reserve after dark in an open top 4x4 vehicle
Enjoy traditional South African cuisine while dining under the stars
Try to spot the Big Five in Kruger National Park on a full day game drive
Stay in a comfortable safari lodge in a communal setting with friendly hosts
Visit the awesome Blyde River Canyon and view the Three Rondavels on your return trip to Johannesburg
This itinerary starts and finishes in Johannesburg and includes 2 long travel days.
This is one of our Short Breaks and is slightly different to our group tours. There is no group leader but rather a local guide with the idea being that you maintain a level of independence during down time. You'll most likely travel on a join-in basis, which means you may or may not be joined by others for activities and transportation, depending on demand.
The transport to and from Kruger National Park will be in a 13-seater minivan. This is a shuttle service that departs daily. You may be sharing this shuttle ride with other travellers booked on different trips and itineraries to you.
Our lodge is located within the Greater Kruger Park ecosystem. It’s about a 50 minute drive to Kruger National Park’s Orpen Gate. On this itinerary you will have Game Drives in both the Kruger National Park and neighbouring Private Game Reserves.
As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
Regardless of where you stay, power cuts and breaks in hot water are sometimes unavoidable, as in any developing country. In particular, South Africa suffers from load-shedding: rolling blackouts that are engineered specifically to share out available power in the region.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Kruger Lodge Experience (3 days) trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip starts and ends in Johannesburg. We depart between 5.30am and 6:30am on Day 1 so it is essential that you overnight in Johannesburg the day before the tour. If you want to explore Johannesburg at either end of the tour, please allow additional days.
2. You will be picked up between 5.30am and 6.30 am on Day 1 of this itinerary. Our preferred Joining Point Hotel is the Holiday Inn Rosebank and pick up time if 6.00 am. If you require a pick up from another centrally-located hotel or airport hotel in Johannesburg, please advise your booking agent at least 14 days prior to departure. Our local operations team will advise the relevant Hotel reception of the exact pick up time 24 hours prior to pick up.
3. If you require pick up from another centrally-located hotel in Johannesburg or OR Tambo Airport Hotel, please inform your booking agent at least 14 days prior to departure.
4. This trip finishes upon arrival in Johannesburg on Day 3. Please do not book any flights until after 10pm this evening.
5. Please note this is a join in adventure and you will travel with a group of like minded Intrepid and non Intrepid passengers during transfers and game drives.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information