Explore the rugged landscapes of the West Kimberley region
A region of incredible natural beauty and spiritual significance to the First Nations people, Western Australia's Kimberley region is one of Australia's greatest wildernesses. While you may not see many other travellers on the open roads and the drive days can be long, you don’t have to spends weeks at a time to see a mix of the highlights and lesser-known gems. This short journey will show you some of the region’s best natural landscapes and places of cultural importance, like croc spotting on a wildlife cruise through Geikie Gorge, learning about the legend of Jandamarra on a tour of Tunnel Creek or bushwalking to Manning Falls.
Take a barefoot stroll as you watch the sunset along Broome Beach.
Go underground in the historic cave systems of Tunnel Creek.
Cool off with a swim in a sheltered waterhole at Galvans Gorge.
Spot a flurry of native birdlife in Geikie Gorge and maybe even a freshwater croc!
Spend the night camping on a real cattle station.
This itinerary involves some clambering over rocks, wading in water, walking on rocky creek beds and ascending/descending into gorges. A reasonable level of fitness and being sure on your feet is necessary to participate.
Accommodation on this trip is camping, sleeping in swags with sleeping bags, often with few facilities. There is group participation in preparing meals and cleaning at your camp.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 restrictions and related seasonal closures, some elements of this itinerary may not be available at time of travel. In particular all First Nations communities are currently closed to travellers. This may result in substitute activities and/or rerouting as required. The situation is evolving daily, but please be prepared for possible changes to your Kimberley adventure if necessary.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our West Kimberley Adventure trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Minimum numbers: this trip requires a minimum of 6 clients booked and confirmed in order to depart
2. This trip starts in Broome at approximately 7:30am and finishes around 7:00pm. Onward travel should not be booked until the following day. Trip departs from the Kimberley Traveller's Lodge at 7:30am sharp. Please be ready at reception. Pick up from most centrally located hotels in Broome from 7am, you must let us know at least 48 hours prior to travel. Please ask your booking agent for more information
3. A Single Supplement not is available on this trip
4. Intrepid travellers can carry a maximum of 15kg. It is essential you bring only one small to medium soft-sided bag plus a day pack. We are not able to carry hard / externally framed suitcases
5. This trip requires a sleeping bag
6. Travellers on this trip must bring a pair of shoes/sandals that they don’t mind getting wet
7. This trip is operated by our partners Kimberley Wild.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information