Sample the southern shores of South Australia
Kangaroo Island is one of Australia’s most wildlife-rich and naturally diverse regions. Set out to discover its beauty on a jam-packed two days from Adelaide, checking out a sea lion colony in Seal Bay, giving sand boarding a shot in Little Sahara and searching for marine life in Vivonne Bay. Your expert guide will help you see the best of this island, with plenty of native wildlife to spot and optional adventures to enhance your stay. With all of the difficult stuff taken care of, just sit back and get ready to dive into South Australia’s wildlife and wilderness hotspot.
Visit the Seal Bay Conservation to see rare sea lions up close, and head to a local wildlife park to hand feed kangaroos and wallabies, some that have been recently rescued from bushfires.
Kangaroo Island is known for its pristine stretches of sand, and you’ll soon know why. Take in the impressive coastal views from Remarkable Rock, check out Vivonne Bay and stroll down Hog Bay Beach.
To get the heart racing, give sand boarding a crack down the white sand dunes of Little Sahara and climb to the island’s highest point – Prospect Hill – for some seriously panoramic views.
This trip involves plenty of walking and is best suited to travellers with a good level of mobility and fitness. An overview of physical activities can be found in the itinerary.
For more details on specific logistical information for this trip, see the Important Notes and Essential Trip Information sections located below the trip itinerary.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Kangaroo Island Adventure trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your trip begins with a coach transfer from Adelaide to the ferry terminal on Day 1. This departs Adelaide Central Bus Station (85 Franklin Street) at 6.45 am.
2. Check-in at the Central Bus Station will be at the 'Sealink' counter.
3. This trip finishes at the Adelaide Central Bus Station at approximately 10.40 pm on Day 2. Onward travel must be booked for the following day.
4. Accommodation on this trip is private twin or single rooms. Groups of three or four passengers travelling together will be allocated a private quad room. Both accommodation styles have shared bathroom facilities.
5. This trip is also available in a Basix style, with multishare accommodation. See trip code PSKI-B.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information