Is there a better way to enjoy South Australia's renowned wine country than on a bicycle? If there is, we’re yet to find it. Just a short distance from cosmopolitan Adelaide, this is a region well known for its natural beauty, welcoming people and of course delicious red and white wines. This cycling trip takes in the best of it at a pace set to enjoy rather than race. Get started in the very heart of vibrant Adelaide, one of the world's most liveable cities, then transport out to the nearby yet distinct wine regions. From the Barossa Valley – home of Australia's best-known red wine – to the northern Clare Valley (ripe for a drop of Riesling), south to the birthplace of South Australia's wine industry, McLaren Vale, and west to the stunning Glenelg Beach, it’s not just the wine that is diverse. The varied scenery, easy network of cycling paths, and support vehicle make this a trip for every rider.
Dates and availability
1. To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
2. On this trip, we have a single leader that rides with the group.
3. Your luggage is transported for you from accommodation to accommodation each day.
4. Our riding is done mostly on a well-graded and maintained gravel cycle path, so there are no technical cycling skills required. Riding distances may vary depending on the fitness and interests of the group.
5. As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same gender. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can.
6. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
7. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are an 'on request' basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed booking. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip, please ensure you bring your own bike helmet.
8. Note that on public holidays some included activities (including Maggie Beers, Penfolds, etc.) may be closed, and those open may be extremely busy. We will endeavour to source alternative activities during these times.
Filter by rating