You have an idea in your head of what hiking the Inca Trail looks like.
Lots of lush greenery, ancient pathways, maybe some atmospheric fog…
Well, it’s all the above and so much more. So much so that we felt compelled to send legendary photographer Ryan Bolton on our 7-day Inca Trail Express trip to capture it. Without any more preamble, here are the 4 days of the Inca Trail in photos. Enjoy.
Day 1 of the Inca Trail
- 5 safety tips for your Inca Trail trek
- What food to expect on the Inca Trail
- 7 amazing ruins you’ll see on the Inca Trail
- What hiking to Machu Picchu as a solo traveller is like
- What I wish I knew before hiking to Machu Picchu
- The ultimate packing list for hiking to Machu Picchu
- 5 recovery tips for after your Inca Trail trek
Ready for the trek of a lifetime? Tackle Machu Picchu with Intrepid Travel.
(All images courtesy of photographer Ryan Bolton and taken on Intrepid’s Inca Trail Express trip.)