From the beauty of the Himalaya to Rajasthani heritage stays and the iconic Taj Mahal, this trip has it all
Fill up on momos (steamed dumplings) in Kathmandu and get ready for a huge trip. We're talking rafting adventures and beach camps. Hit the Annapurna circuit for a glimpse of the mighty Himalayas. Come face-to-face with rhinos and a host of other exotic wildlife in Chitwan National Park. Get spiritual in Varanasi, see pink in Jaipur and take the ultimate selfie in front of the Taj Mahal. This jam-packed trip covers a bit of everything. We love it, and we think you will too.
Some of our under-30 travellers prefer to get around with people their own age. If that’s you, you’re in the right place!
Over 29? We’ve got over 900 other great adventures to choose from for solo travellers, friends, families, food lovers, hiking enthusiasts, and more.
For a limited time only take an additional 20% off select trips* - Offer ends soon!Terms & Conditions
Travel solo, together
You're never alone when travelling solo with Intrepid
Spot Rhino's and other exotic wildlife in Chitwan National Park, one of the best places to view wildlife in all of Asia.
Set out on an awesome three-day, low-altitude trek through villages and rhododendron forests, taking in the amazing sights of the Annapurna ranges.
Paddle around Phewa Lake surrounded by views of the gargantuan Himalayas in super-zen Pokhara,
Lumbini is no ordinary town. Visit the birthplace of Gautama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, and tour its temples and the legendary Ashoka Pillars.
See pilgrims praying and bathing along the ghats of the sacred Ganges River during an unforgettable sunrise cruise in Varanasi, one of India's holiest cities.
The Taj Mahal may be one of the most recognisable buildings in the world, but do you know its poetic history? A local expert will fill you in.
It's hard not to fall in love with the tiny Rajasthani village of Tordi. The locals will feed you and you'll sleep in a 16th-century palace. Oh, and there's some ruined temples and a pretty cool fortress nearby too.
You must have a pre purchased Indian visa in your passport for this trip. Indian visa is required prior to travel and cannot be purchased at border on Day 12 of the trip. Indian e-Visas are not valid for this border crossing.
The Nepal section of this trip has a trekking component of up to 5 hours a day at a max of 2200 metres/7200 feet.
There are several long travelling days, including Kathmandu to Pokhara (7 hours), Lumbini to Varanasi (10 hours), Varanasi to Agra (12 hours).
1. An excellent level of fitness is required for this trip as there are long trekking days in difficult terrain.
2. Altitude does not exceed 1950 metres/6400 feet on this trip.
3. Rafting on the Trisuli River is grade 3+
4. Please ensure you bring a passport size photo for our Annapurna trek permit application.
5. A sleeping bag is required for this trip. Please bring your own or hire in Kathmandu for a few dollars a day.
6. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 4 and 5 (Tea House) and Days 10 and 14 (Overnight sleeper train) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information. 7. A valid Indian visa is required prior to travel. This trip arrives into India overland from Nepal and e-visas are not valid at land borders.
7. Hot air balloon flights are operated by Sky Waltz in Jaipur. Flights operate from September 1st to April 30th and last approximately 60 mins. Return transfers, tea and coffee plus light refreshments and a certificate of flight are included in the cost. You can register your interest and pay your tour leader at your joining meeting on day 1 of your trip. Payment must be made by cash in either INR/AUD/USD/GBP only and is USD$260pp (subject to change). Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions (tickets are fully refundable in case of bad weather).
8. This trip is a combination of HNYU and HNYD our most popular itineraries. As such the make up of your group and your leader may change on day 7.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information