Explore the best of Patagonia on this action-packed South American adventure
Cover some of the most stunning glacial scenery in the world – from the jagged, snow-capped peaks of Mount Fitz Roy and Torres del Pain to the gigantic and still-advancing icescape that is Perito Moreno Glacier. On this Patagonian adventure, start with a tour of cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, then head to frontier town El Chalten to tackle the likes of Laguna de los Tres and Laguna Torre. Continue to El Calafate, where the marvels of the Southern Patagonian Ice Field are just a hop, skip and jump away. Then, explore the famed Torres del Paine National Park in Chile – keeping your eyes out for grazing guanacos and the famed Los Cuernos. If you’re short on time, but keen to explore Patagonia to its fullest – this trip is for you.
Start with a bang in Buenos Aires, with a walking tour and tango class to make the most of your limited time in the capital.
Explore the incredible Laguna de los Tres through thick woodlands, over streams and past granite spires to the famed blue lagoon at the foot of Mount Fitz Roy.
Listen to the thunder as cracks form in the spectacular wall of ice that is Perito Moreno Glacier. This massive, blue-hued natural wonder is constantly breaking and reforming.
Hike past the most beautiful waterfalls and glaciers of Torres del Paine National Park with your guide, and spot wildlife like guanacos and rhea birds along the way.
Trekking is what small group travel was made for – let someone else take care of the permits and accommodation so you can focus on soaking up the views with new friends.
You can’t have incredible glaciers and frozen lakes in warm weather, so be prepared for the cold. It’s best to wear layers at all times of the year in case conditions change during the day. From November to March temperatures can fluctuate between 5˚C to 20˚C with strong winds.
The fitter you are, the more you'll get out of this trip. While only two hikes are scheduled, it is a full-day endeavour that can be quite challenging. There will also be opportunities to partake in other hikes which require a moderate to high level of fitness.
1. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase Entrance fees to certain sites. Additionally on certain trips it's needed to book bus, train or flight tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
2. Please note that optional Perito Moreno Trek on Day 5 is strictly limited to 65 year old and under by our local supplier. Those above 65 year old will be able to walk along the platforms and balconies surrounding the glacier instead.
3. This trip starts with a Welcome Meeting at 2pm of day 1.
4. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
5. Bookings within 45 days from departure may incur in late booking airline fees. If applicable, this will be informed at the time of booking.
6. This trip includes a domestic flight. Argentina is particularly strict on excess baggage and usually enforces a maximum allowance of 15Kg for check in luggage.
7. We highly recommend you take US Dollars with you to Argentina and change it locally. While ATMs are widely available, there is a daily limit for withdrawals and the exchange rate does fluctuate.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information