Travel to Nepal on a family tour of the Himalayas.
For centuries, Nepal has been luring travellers with its snow-capped peaks and the tales of adventure that come from ‘the roof of the world’. Now, your family can see what all the fuss is about on their very own Himalayan Adventure – an action packed tour of Nepal’s most captivating towns, cities and scenery. Forget Hillary and Norgay, there’s no better feeling than reaching the end of an Annapurna trek as a family, taking home memories and photographs to last a lifetime. From quirky Kathmandu, across the Himalayas and into the steamy jungles of Chitwan, this adventure tour through Nepal will broaden the mind and invigorate the sprit.
Discover Nepal with a both leisurely and adventurous introduction to its people, traditions and of course its iconic mountains
Experience the incredible hospitality and welcoming nature of the Nepali people – sip chai in mountain teahouses and stay in the beautiful, family-run Astam Eco Village
Trek into the incredible Annapurna Range, through remote villages that offer superb panoramic views of the mountains
Work together as a family to battle the rapids of the Seti River, then drift down an isolated jungle-wrapped gorge to camp on a sandy, wilderness-surrounded beach
Strap on your safari hat and head deep into the jungles of Chitwan National Park – search out hidden tigers in a jeep, and look out for crocs while floating in a dugout canoe
The treks on this trip don’t reach very high altitudes (i.e. above 2,000 metres), but they can still be quite difficult. You’ll walk on well-graded paths between rural farming communities, but there is little, if any, flat ground in Nepal's hills. You’ll find the pace, distance and duration of each day's walk within your capability – as long as you are realistic about your fitness and abilities.
Evenings can be cold, especially when camping by the river (this is the Himalayas of course), so be sure to bring warm clothing and a warm hat too.
Nepali infrastructure is still returning to normal after the 2015 earthquake, so some delays are inevitable. Embracing the slow pace and meditative atmosphere will go a long way toward your enjoyment of this beautiful country.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Nepal Family Holiday with Teenagers trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
2. Minimum age for children on this trip is 10 years old.
3. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 years and under at time of travel.
4. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 4 (Eco Village) and Day 7 (Camping) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
5. Please be aware that in the event of an emergency evacuation, Intrepid does not have control over which helicopter service may be used. Some helicopters are not in regular use with Intrepid and have not passed our internal safety auditing.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information