Combine culinary adventures with the great outdoors on this deliciously different trip.
Discover the captivating beauty of the West Coast on a six-day journey that takes in the region’s superb national parks, lesser-known treasures and charming towns. Travel from Portland down the coast to Bend where you’ll explore the town’s local history, thriving food scene and surrounding natural wonders. Share a meal with the Native American people of Warm Springs, explore the unspoilt beauty of Crater Lake National Park, you’ll marvel at the USA’s deepest lake, and admire the wild waters and rugged coastline at Sonoma Coast State Park.
Save more, see more with up to 25% off* 2023 trips. Adventure is just a click away. Ends 2 Dec.Terms & Conditions
Peddle around town discovering Portland’s collection of food carts on a culinary cycling experience with an expert local guide.
Native American River to Table experience with a picnic lunch which acknowledges the role salmon played in tribal history.
Enjoy a half-day guided kayaking adventure at Cascade Lakes and take in scenic views of the Three Sisters, Broken Top, and Paulina Peak in the Cascade Range.
Marvel at the waters of Crater Lake National Park which have attracted artists, photographers, and sightseers from around the world.
Roll up your sleeves, shuck your own oysters and support sustainable farming and a climate action champion.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Portland to San Francisco Discovery trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 9 am on Day 1 in Portland. Please make your own way to the Joining Point listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
2. On the final day, this trip finishes at approximately 5 pm on arrival in San Francisco. You will be dropped at a hotel in Fisherman's Wharf. If departing this day, please do not book any flights before 8 pm.
3. There is no accommodation included in San Francisco on this trip. If you wish to spend more time in San Francisco we'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). Speak to an Intrepid booking agent for more information.
4. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
5. Please ensure you have checked local state information regarding COVID-19 restrictions and regulations before you travel.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information