Visit South America and travel to Patagonia – a fascinating region in the far south of Chile and Argentina, rich in natural beauty, dramatic vistas and cosmopolitan cities oozing with passion and culture. Feel the contrast as you trek the W Hike through the Patagonian wilderness and explore the urban metropolis of Santiago. From camping near the end of the earth and witnessing gargantuan glaciers to indulging in the modernity of Buenos Aires, this trip will reward those with a sense of adventure, an appreciation of nature and an interest in diversity.
Dates and availability
1. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase entrance fees to certain sites. Additionally, on certain trips it's needed to book Entrance Tickets, bus, train or flight tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
2. Please note the maximum age limit for Perito Moreno Mini-Trek activity is 65 years old.
3. Please be aware that if you have pre booked your arrival transfer into Santiago through us that there are many fake taxi's at Santiago airport and recently many have been advising passengers who have not located their driver yet that they will call the emergency hotline number for them and will take them to their hotel. These drivers do not call the number and have no affiliation with us. Do not get into a car unless the driver is holding an Intrepid sign with your name on it or the trip code for your tour on it. If you cannot locate your transfer please dial the emergency number listed in the Essential Trip Information and await instructions from the operator as often the driver is there or is a few minutes away held up in traffic.
4. We highly recommend you take US Dollars with you to Argentina and change it locally. While ATMs are widely available, there is a daily limit for withdrawals and the exchange rate does fluctuate.
5. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
6. Bookings within 45 days from departure may incur in late booking airline fees. If applicable, this will be informed at the time of booking.
7. The weather in Patagonia is unpredictable. While this trip only runs during the warmer months of the year, temperatures can fluctuate between 0 and 30 °C (32 to 86 °F) within a tour or even over the course of a day! Please make sure you have packed appropriate clothing that can be layered up to accommodate these temperatures and that your sleeping bag is an all seasons bag that will keep you warm in freezing night time temperatures.
8. Please note that the order of the activities we do within Torres del Paine NP may differ from the itinerary due to occasional wild weather.
9. This trip includes a domestic flight. Argentina usually enforces a maximum allowance of 15kg for check in luggage.
10. The strictly traditional "W hike" involves an overnight at Camping Los Cuernos. The space available to set up camp in this area is very limited (particularly on the busy summer months) and the terrain uncomfortable. The above itinerary skips this campsite by driving to the other side of the park (Las Torres del Paine). We believe this change enhances the enjoyment of the trekking days.
11. Entry into Chile does require proof of COVID-19 vaccination (or a negative PCR test) we suggest submitting proof of vaccination in advance of travel in order to receive a mobility pass, which in turn allows travellers to access all public services; buses, museums, restaurants, etc. Please submit your electronic validation request 15 days in advance. The link to submit is available here: https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/.
Filter by rating