Staggering beauty and wild sightings on Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula
Answer the call of the wild and join a 6-day adventure through Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula. This is the great outdoors at its very best, where parks are the size of countries and bald eagles soar overhead. Dive into the history of downtown Anchorage, admire a handful of the state’s 3 million lakes and explore the coastal town of Seward. Search for orcas and humpback whales on a boat cruise and stand in awe of glaciers in the Kenai Fjords National Park. With a passionate local leader by your side you’ll soon discover what makes this state so great.
Dive into the contemporary and natural delights of Anchorage during a day tour with your leader, including downtown, Earthquake Park, Point Woronzof and the Alaska Native Heritage Center.
Discover some of the world’s most incredible wildlife on a boat cruise through Kenai Fjords National Park, searching for orcas, humpback whales, sea lions, puffins, eagles and more.
It doesn’t get much more Alaskan than a dog sled racing – visit a family-run homestead to learn about sled dogs and the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.
Get up close and personal with the epic Exit Glacier in Kenai Fjords National Park, the scale and beauty of which is sure to leave you in awe.
While Alaska can experience warm summers, you should still be prepared for cold temperatures, especially at night, and also rain, which can (and does) happen year-round. Bring warm clothing with you, including base layers, a warm hat, gloves and a thick coat, as well as a rain jacket and waterproof shoes.
The summer months in Alaska see very long daylight hours, with the sun not completely setting until after midnight. As most people are likely to sleep before midnight, you might want to bring an eye mask to block out the light.
This trip is new to our range this year. Despite rigorous planning and research, new itineraries can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a welcome surprise, but every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that is what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Kenai Discovery trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. First Day: Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 5 pm, your way to the hotel in time for the meeting. Please see Joining point instructions for further details.
2. Last Day: you will arrive back into Anchorage around lunchtime where you trip ends at the starting point hotel. No accommodation has been booked for this evening. If you would like to spend more time in Anchorage we can book you additional accommodation.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Please note these trips require a minimum of 4 travellers to depart.
4. Please see here for the most up to date COVID-19 information about travelling to and within Alaska, including travel declarations & testing requirements: https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers/
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information