The world’s largest carbon neutral travel company since 2010, we measure our annual GHG inventory in accordance with the global GHG Protocol, offsetting our emissions (operations and trips) by purchasing international carbon credits. As of December 2019, we’ve offset more than 351,000 tonnes of carbon emissions. In late 2018, we revised our reporting methodology in line with Climate Active, formally known as the National Carbon Offsetting Standards (NCOS), under the Australian Government’s Carbon Neutral Initiative.
At a glance
- Carbon neutral since 2010
- 44 offices (including new and virtual) assessed for emissions in 2020
- More than 2,000 carbon offset trips
- We emitted 7,018 tonnes of carbon in 2020, compared with 37,795 in 2019
- We’ve offset more than 358,000 tonnes of carbon emissions worldwide
- Our reporting methodology is in line with Climate Active, formally known as the National Carbon Offsetting Standards (NCOS), under the Australian Government’s Carbon Neutral Initiative
We have set a science-based emissions reduction target in line with a 1.5°C future
How we offset
Our Quick Start Guide to Decarbonise Your Travel Business
We've created an open-source 10-Step Quick Start Guide to Decarbonise Your Travel Business. The complimentary resource provides an easy-to-follow action plan on reduction and offsetting for other tourism businesses to follow. The guide includes practical examples and tips to encourage the industry to rebuild more sustainably amid the pandemic.