- Booking resources
- Pre-departure checklist
Things to know now that you've booked
Read the Trip Notes document
- Please read through the Trip Notes document as it contains important information for your trip.
- Your consultant will be happy to assist you with any further questions.
- Once we have your passport details, we can begin to finalise all your arrangements.
- Please make sure that the name on your passport is the same as that on your booking.
- Make sure your passport has a minimum of six months validity remaining, as this is an entry requirement of many countries.
- Some tours may require a visa for the countries you visit.
- This information can be found in the visa section of your Trip Notes document.
- Your consultant will be happy to point you in the right direction with acquiring any necessary visas.
- If you need a visa before heading home, check how long it takes to issue. Make sure to allow yourself plenty of time.
- Your consultant can help you find the best value international airfares.
- If you’ve arranged your own flights, please let us know your flight details – including dates, time of departure/arrival and flight numbers.
- If your trip includes or you have organised an airport transfer, please advise your consultant of your flight details.
- If you’d like an arrival or departure transfer, your consultant can arrange this for you at an additional charge. Please book no later than two weeks prior to departure, but preferebly earlier, to secure your transfer.
Pre or post accommodation
- Your consultant can help organise additional nights accommodation before or after your trip (subject to availability). Please book no later than two weeks prior to departure, but preferably earlier, to secure accommodation.
- If you’d like your own room, ask your consultant if the trip offers a single supplement (subject to availability and additional charge).
- If you are travelling with someone, please let us know what room set-up you would prefer (i.e. twin or double room).
- Your consultant will let you know if your trip has any special inclusions or alternatives, which may require additional payment or information supplied by a specific date. These may need to be organised in addition to your tour. The Trip Notes document will contain information regarding specific requirements.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all our trips. Please ensure this covers medical expenses including emergency repatriation. We strongly recommend that the policy also covers personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects.
- Your consultant will be able to assist with organising the best level of travel insurance for you.
- We recommend that you take out insurance at the time of booking to protect your trip payment in the event of cancellation.
- Final payment for your trip and services is required 56 days or more before departure (90 days for polar bookings).
- Check your invoice for payment details or check with your consultant if you have any questions.
- Some of our tours require a reasonable level of fitness.
- Your consultant can help determine whether a trip is right for you.
- Please advise your consultant of any pre-existing medical conditions.
- If you are required to complete a self-assessment form for your trip, your consultant will supply this.
- If you have any dietary requirements, allergies or intolerances, please let your consultant know.
- Please let your consultant know the name and phone number of a friend or relative we can contact in case of an emergency.
- About 30 days before departure, we will send your Final Documents by email or post. Please make sure we have all the details needed to complete your booking or these may be delayed.
- Please check through your documents to make sure all details are correct.
- Please let us know If you need your documents earlier.
Preparing for travel
Read your Trip Notes
- There you’ll find the important information you need for your upcoming trip.
- For any additional questions, please ask your consultant.
- Check your Trip Notes for the local office contact number as well as a 24-hour emergency number.
- If you need to contact us after you’ve left home, please call these numbers.
- Certain vaccinations (and proof of those vaccinations) are required by some countries on entry or departure.
- Check with your travel doctor about what you might need.
- If applicable, check you have any visas you may need.
- If you are obtaining a visa on arrival, check you have the necessary requirements.
- Please speak to your consultant if you have any questions or would like help arranging visas.
- Some of our tours require a good level of fitness for participation and specific training.
- Check the physical rating on your chosen trip and Trip Notes for more details.
- Make a packing list and purchase any trip specific items you may need.
- Some trips have baggage restrictions; please check the ‘What to pack’ section of your Trip Notes and ask you consultant if you have any questions.
- Check the ‘Spending money’ section of Trip Notes for an approximate budget of what you’ll need while on your trip.
- Check what currencies are required for the countries you’re visiting.
- Advise your bank of your travel plans.
- If you have any questions about costs, please ask your consultant.
Advise someone of your travel plans
- Leave your travel itinerary, flight details and the emergency phone numbers of our local operator (found in your Trip Notes) with your family or friends at home.
- Register your travel plans with your government travel authority and keep up-to-date if there are any events or developments in the places you’ll be visiting.
Joining your trip
- Check the Trip Notes for details of where and how to join your trip.
- If you have airport transfers booked, make sure you have given the up-to-date flight details to your consultant.
Check flight times
- Airlines sometimes have delays. Check online or contact the airline to double check your flights are running on time.
- If there are any changes, advise your consultant and/or the local operator (details found in your Trip Notes), particularly if you have transfers that may be affected by the delay.