Explore Borneo's wildlife paradise – Sabah
Explore a mystical land of natural beauty and rare wildlife on this 11-day Sabah Adventure. With its collection of unique animals, ancient traditions, hot springs, tribal villages, loveable orangutans and incredible views, Sabah has something for everyone. Experience the very best of this part of Borneo – climbing Mt Kinabalu, watching sea turtles lay their eggs with an expert local ranger by your side and sharing laughs with your local village hosts. Each moment of this incredible small group adventure will give you a fascinating insight into the wildlife of Borneo.
For a limited time only secure your dream 2023 adventure for $99 - Offer ends soon!Terms & Conditions
Discover the natural and historical beauty of northern section of Borneo in the Malaysian state of Sabah, and understand why this one of the original and best-selling Intrepid Adventures.
Climb Mt Kinabalu – the literal pinnacle of all treks in South East Asia – with local guides whose families have trekked the mountain for generations, witnessing a stunning sunrise after a morning hike.
Spend time getting to know the unique wildlife of Borneo at conservation sanctuaries for orangutans, proboscis monkeys and sun bears.
Join a local ranger and witness the special life cycle of sea turtles coming ashore on Turtle Island to lay their eggs on the beach, with the hatchlings making a dash down the beach to their new life.
Cruise down the Kinabatangan River and search for wildlife in this rich and unique jungle ecosystem – if you’re lucky, you may spot wild pygmy elephants!
Climbing Mt Kinabalu is a challenge that shouldn't be underestimated. Elevation is above 2800 m and we rise early to summit in the dark in order to be able to witness the sunrise. It's an unforgettable climb for sure, but you'll need to have an excellent level of fitness to complete it. Read our blog here for everything you need to know about climbing Mt Kinabalu: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/guide-to-climbing-mt-kinabalu-...
You'll need to pack some specific items for this trip – check the ‘Packing List’ in the Essential Trip Information for more details so you are prepared.
You will get to experience a wide range of accommodation types on this trip – shared dormitory rooms in hostels, a homestay, resort, jungle lodge and hotels. Some may be a little more basic than our standard hotels, but their unique locations and close proximity to nature is what makes them special.
This trip has a focus on nature and wildlife – definitely one for those who enjoy being outdoors. If you are looking for a trip to Borneo with a bit more comfort and without climbing Mt Kinabalu, check out Intrepid’s Classic Borneo adventure – search trip code TMKB on our website for more information.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Sabah Adventure trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please provide passport details at time of booking, as these are essential for booking services on this trip including your Mt Kinabalu permit.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 2 (Dusun Village), Day 3 and 4 (Mt Kinabalu), Days 5-6 (Poring Hot Springs), Day 9 (Turtle Island) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. We recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on travelling in Eastern Sabah before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary.
4. Please check and monitor for any entry requirements update through this website:https://covidprotocol.moh.gov.my/. You'll be required to take a test within 24 hours after arrival, even if you'll transit in Kuala Lumpur for your flight. You'll need to leave enough time for the test result to return if you are transitting through Kuala Lumpur International Airport, so please check with your airline for the best approach. We highly recommend finish booster shot before travelling as Malaysia applies different quarantine measures for travellers when there's a positive case or a close contact, depending on their vaccines, vaccination status and age. You'll find out which category you belong to when you verify your vaccination on their official portal.
5. Please note that a rapid antigen test is required for climbing Mt Kinabalu. This can easily be organized locally at a cost about 2 USD per test, or you may bring one from home.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information