Colour, charisma and ancient cultures combine in Iran
Admired by many and explored by few, Iran’s spellbinding history and enchanting culture make it a destination like no other. Discover Ancient Persia on a 13-day Premium round-trip from Tehran and come face to face with glittering mosques, quiet hillside villages and dazzling bazaars. Learn what it means to be local during priceless interactions with Iran’s kind-hearted people and uncover a nation with so many stories to tell.
For a limited time only secure your dream 2023 adventure for $99 - Offer ends soon!Terms & Conditions
Our best accommodation and highest level of service.
Unusual, exceptional and authentic on-trip experiences.
Led by our most experienced and highest rated local leaders.
Discover the architectural wonders of Tehran, learn about the role religion plays in the city of Yazd, enjoy the artistic atmosphere of Shiraz and experience the grandeur of Esfahan.
Experience the joys of Persian cuisine during Exclusive Experiences, including dinner in the home of a local family in Kashan, a visit to a traditional sweet shop in Yazd and a home cooked meal with a Zoroastrian couple in Taft.
Explore one of the greatest cities of antiquity in Persepolis. The relief carvings and towering columns will leave you in no doubt that this was once the centre of the known world.
Spend two fabulous evenings in your Feature Stay accommodation – the Dad Hotel in Yazd. Enjoy traditionally decorated rooms paired with fabulous facilities and an enviable location in the heart of the city.
Your local leader is on hand each day to give to bridge connections with the locals, give you an insight into Iran’s rich history and take you to the best bazaars, making your adventure in this intriguing country a breeze.
Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. It is very important that you adhere to a strict dress code – particularly for women – in what may be quite warm weather. Upon arrival in Iran, all women must wear a headscarf and must also have their arms and legs covered. Men must also be conservatively dressed.
Alcohol is strictly forbidden in Iran and severe penalties will be incurred by anyone attempting to bring it into the country. Drug laws are also extremely strict, and travellers face lengthy jail terms if caught. Other prohibited items include pork, material deemed obscene by Iranian law (which can include non-pornographic materials like fashion magazines), and controversial literature. These will all be confiscated by customs officials. Upon arrival, you as a foreigner will likely be whisked through customs but note that random bag checks do occur.
It's becoming increasingly difficult to confirm preferred hotels due to limited four-star options in the region. While we will always look to the next suitable alternative, in some cases these may not be centrally located. It's important to note that local star ratings may not match those you are used to. In some locations, the three-star hotels are a better quality (and location) than the four-star hotels and are priced accordingly.
Iran is a big country and you’ll cover a lot in two weeks, which means some long travel days and a busy itinerary. All land travel is in private air-conditioned buses, with regular stops along the way.
In 2022, Ramadan will take place from 2 April to 1 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience. However, some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium Iran trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. US, British and Canadian passport holders will need to book this trip at least three months before departure as this is the length of time it takes to process a visa for these nationalities. There may also be further travel restrictions that apply to these nationalities including restrictions for when you can arrive and depart. Please see the ‘Passport and Visa’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details. Ensure you discuss options with a booking agent before confirming and booking any non-refundable airfares. We also encourage you to refer to our online visa application for more details. Simply select the relevant nationality in the drop-down menu to access detailed visa information at https://www.intrepidtravel.com/iran-visa-information-and-authorisation-c...
4. This itinerary has many included activities and free time for you to rest, relax or discover. Please keep in mind that under the regulations of the Iranian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, US, British and Canadian passport holders must be accompanied by a local host (Intrepid's local operator) on all activities. For this reason, your leader may suggest optional activities during this free time that are organised by our operator at your own expense. Alternativey, this free time is the perfect opportunity to relax in your hotel.
5. We recommend that before your departure you check your government's latest travel advice for information on travelling in Iran and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our ‘Travel Alerts’ page at https://www.intrepidtravel.com/en/travel-alerts
6. Travellers cannot use debit or credit cards while in Iran. You will need to bring all the money you will need for your entire trip with you. Please read through the ‘Money Matters’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
7. Deposits on this trip are non-refundable and non-transferable as per our Terms and Conditions. You are required to pay a non-refundable deposit per person for your booking to be confirmed.
8. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information