Discover Peru on this Family Adventure, touring the Amazon Jungle, Cusco and Machu Picchu.
Gaze up at Peru’s dazzling peaks and into picturesque valleys to understand why the Andean mountains were sacred for the Incas. This well-paced holiday combines the wonders of the Amazon Jungle with the fascinating history of Cusco. Enjoy a memorable train journey through the heart of the Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu and breathe in the magical spirit of the Incas.
Save more, see more with up to 25% off* 2023 trips. Adventure is just a click away. Ends 2 Dec.Terms & Conditions
Hike jungle trails in search of monkeys, parrots, otters and caimans and sleep in a nature lodge lit by candles and kerosene lamps.
Meet the local artisans, farmers and townsfolk of the Sacred Valley – not forgetting the cute alpacas and llamas.
Be mesmerised by the mother of all Inca cities, the mysterious Machu Picchu, where you'll enjoy a guided tour.
With the help of a resident musician, make your own zampona – a traditional panpipe instrument – and learn how to play it like a local.
Cusco has something for everyone, making it perfect for a family visit. A boleto touristico pass grants you access to the best sights in town.
Cusco is located a spectacular 3450 metres above sea level, so it's important to be patient as your body adjusts. See the ‘Essential Trip Information’ section for information on altitude sickness.
Tradition runs deep in beautiful old Cusco, so a little homework will put you in good stead. Ask your leader about photography etiquette.
The Amazon Jungle can be very hot and humid, so it's important to drink plenty of water and wear light cotton clothing. Make sure you also bring tropical-strength insect repellent.
The weather can be unpredictable in the Andes. Be sure to bring warm clothes and prepare for all elements.
According to Machu Picchu visiting regulations, all visitors must follow a pre-determined route within the site. This route must be followed in one direction only, and once the guided visit commences exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted. Once the guided visit concludes, visitors must exit the site and personal exploration of Machu Picchu is not permitted. Please refer to the itinerary for details.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Peru Family Holiday trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
2. Minimum age for children on this trip is 5 years old.
3. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 years and under at time of travel.
4. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 2 and 3 (Jungle Lodge) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
5. Full passport details are required for all passengers at the time of booking, however passengers aged 17 and under (at time of entrance to Machu Picchu) must also provide a copy of their passport details page. This is required in order to secure child tickets.
6. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
7. First day - there will be a group meeting at 5pm on Day 1
Last day - there are no activities planned for your last day so you can depart at any time.
8. Parts of your trip go above 2800 metres / 9200 feet where it is common for travellers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness. It even happened to Sir Edmund Hillary!
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information