Journey through the heart of East Africa and be amazed by the astounding diversity of landscapes – verdant highlands, steamy rainforests, beaches and grasslands – home to some of the planet’s most amazing wildlife. Get closer to nature than you ever imagined in the parks of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zanzibar, and embark on game drives in search of the Big Five, plus the rare mountain gorilla deep in the rainforest. Along the way, meet with local village communities, spend time relaxing on the idyllic shores of Zanzibar, and learn more about the enduring cultures this region is known for. Experience the wonder of East Africa in 27 unforgettable days.
Dates and availability
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2.This trip requires a higher non-refundable deposit (AUD 1000, USD 1000, EUR 800, NZD 1250, GBP 650, CAD 1000, ZAR 8000, CHF 900) in order to secure the included gorilla permit. Please note that we need to confirm availability of a gorilla permit if you are booking within 45 days of departure. The additional deposit paid at time of booking will be credited to the final balance of your booking.
3. This trip starts in Stone Town on Day 1 at 2pm. This allows time after the welcome meeting to explore Stone Town. 4. Optional sunrise balloon rides in the Serengeti National Park and Masai Mara National Reserve are possible on this itinerary. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
5. This trip is a combination of YXON, YXOQ and YXOG our most popular itineraries. As such the make up of your group and your leader may change on days 4 and 12.
6. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
7. This trip finishes upon arrival in Nairobi on Day 27. Please do not book any flights until after 10pm this evening.