Challenge yourself to trek the mighty Annapurna Circuit in Nepal.
Trek through the incredible Annapurna region and be awed by the Nepalese Himalayas. These snow-capped peaks, mist-shrouded valleys, isolated communities and remote monasteries will inspire those with a bold spirit and a yearning for a definitive nature experience. Reach altitudes of more than 5000 metres, discover the ancestral traditions of the local people and immerse yourself completely in the spectacular mountain wilderness of the Annapurna Circuit. This is a challenging trip, but the sense of accomplishment will leave even the most seasoned trekker with some unforgettable memories.
For a limited time only secure your dream 2023 adventure for $99 - Offer ends soon!Terms & Conditions
Ascend to the clouds and reach an altitude of 5416 metres as you cross the Thorung La Pass along the Annapurna Circuit. Testing your mind and body, this is one hell of an accomplishment.
Uncover a different side of the Himalayas, trekking past terraced rice fields, oak and rhododendron forests, there’s a diverse array of nature that awaits in the Annapurna region.
Learn about life in Nepalese mountain communities, get to know locals and meet other trekkers while you stay in teahouses in the small communities along the way.
Discover Nepal’s compact capital in Kathmandu. With a limited amount of time spent here to discover its bazaars and temples, why not extend your stay beforehand to get a real feel of Nepalese culture.
Spend time in the peaceful haven of Pokhara after your trek has finished. Relax with your small group on the banks of Phewa Lake and take in the mountainous surrounds that you have conquered!
This trip involves an 11-day trek at high altitude (up to and above 5000 metres) – precautions and acclimatisation are undertaken, but be aware of the effects altitude can have. An excellent level of fitness is required on this trip, with treks of up to 9 hours a day at high altitude. See our guide to trekking in the region here to help decide if this trip is what you are looking for in a holiday: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/annapurna-circuit-hiking-guide
Due to the nature of outdoor travel, please be aware that this trip will operate on an amended itinerary in high risk weather conditions. Please note that Thorong La Pass is occasionally closed in winter months due to heavy snowfall. Alternative arrangements will be made by your group leader if this occurs.
Accommodation on this route is in simple teahouses, which also allows you to experience the friendly spirit of the local Nepalese people.
Please read our packing list for required equipment carefully, and remember that you don’t necessarily have to bring it all with you – you can hire or buy some of it in Kathmandu.
Trying to decide between trekking in the Annapurna or Everest regions? This might help you decide: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/annapurna-vs-everest
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Annapurna Circuit Trek trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement will only be included on Days 1,13,14 (Hotel) and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. You may be asked to provide 2 passport size photographs for your trekking permit.
3. Due to the demands of travelling at high altitudes a Passenger Self Assessment Form is required for this trip. Please also see here for information: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/altitude-sickness
4. With climate change the weather on the Annapurna Circuit is becoming less predictable, and heavy rains have on occasions causes significant damage to the trail even outside of rainy season. Should this occur, and local conditions make trekking the circuit unsafe, we will switch to the Annapurna Base Camp itinerary instead. Should this occur a flight from Pokhara back to Kathmandu on Day 15 will also be included. See https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/nepal/annapurna-base-camp-trek-126570 for further details.
5. There is a dirt road that stretches from Muktinath to Jomsom and Tatpaoni. When weather conditions allow, we use an alternate track for this portion of the trek to avoid the road as much as possible. Travellers are obliged to walk on the off road in most of the trekking sections until Manang.
6. This trip ends in Pokhara. Intrepid offers a pre-arranged transfer and flight service option back to Kathmandu airport. Enquire with your agent at least 30 days prior to your trip departure.
7. You must bring an emergency fund of USD 500 in cash with you on this trip, which you may need to use in case of delayed or cancelled flights. This is especially important should you choose to opt to take a helicopter as this will be at the travellers expense.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information