Fall in love with provincial Italy on this cycling adventure through Tuscany.
Encounter the picturesque hills and olive groves of Tuscany on this cycling adventure from Florence to Pisa. Be rewarded after a day of pedaling through quaint villages with inspiring mountain views in Barga. Explore the frenetic streets of Pisa before laying eyes on a certain lopsided tower. Visit one of the oldest bakeries in Italy for a taste of their delicious biscotti. Enjoy stunning views of Garfagnana, Tuscany's mountainous escape.
Pedal through the rolling green hills, vineyards and olive groves of Tuscany on this classic journey from Florence to Pisa
From Lucca's tree-lined city walls, follow the gentle Serchio River to the world-famous Leaning Tower of Pisa
Retrace the steps of Leonardo da Vinci around his home city, Vinci
Sample the local Tuscan delicacies and a glass (or two!) of vino after a rewarding day in the saddle
Sit and watch the world go by with a cappuccino at Piazza dell'Anfiteatro
Get away from tourist crowds and experience the 'real Italy' in Garfagnana
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short the stunning terrain of northern Tuscany is naturally hilly so you’ll need a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy the trip – but remember, we will always have the support vehicle on hand if you need to take a break for an hour or a day.
On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed).
As our riding is done mostly on sealed roads with the occasional gravel cycle path there are no technical cycling skills required – but given the hills involved we do suggest practicing riding downhill so you are comfortable with this once the trips begins.
There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure.
If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort we have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Tuscany trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organize a suitable sized bike.
3. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are an 'on request' basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed booking. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking.
4. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
5. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a back marker.
6. As space in the support vehicle is very limited we request that travelers bring only a small bag, no more than 20kgs with them.
7. Due to frequent unscheduled closures we have removed the Verrucole Fortress visit.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information