History comes alive in this family adventure through Egypt
Uncover the ancient mysteries and modern marvels of Egypt and see why this classic destination inspires millions of travellers each year. With an action-packed itinerary that is purpose built for families, this authentic Egypt experience blends all the must-see highlights with off-the-beaten-track activities and time to relax by the pool. So whether you're cruising the Nile in a felucca, sitting down to dinner with a Nubian family or playing ‘guess who got the Sphinx’s nose’, this enlightening family tour of Egypt is sure to fill the photo album and keep you reminiscing around the dinner table for years to come.
Explore ancient icons like the Pyramids, Sphinx and Valley of the Kings with you family, getting the behind the scenes info from expert local guides.
This tour offers so many chances to interact with the locals and experience a slice of contemporary Egyptian life, including dinner with a Nubian family in an Aswan village.
See the light of the sunrise on the dunes of the Sahara during a breakfast cruise down the Nile on a traditional felucca.
Check out epic monuments like the Temple of Isis during the day, then relax by the pool in the afternoon – this trip has scheduled sightseeing and time to relax.
Egypt can be overwhelming, especially if you’re travelling with kids, but the guidance of your local leader and a well-planned, balanced itinerary make for an anxiety-free adventure.
There is a fair amount of walking involved in exploring the pyramids and it can get very hot in the summer. Be sure your family has appropriate clothing, sun protection and plenty of water to drink.
Evenings can get quite cool, so it's best to bring warm clothes too. Wearing layers is the best way to deal with the disparity in day and night temperatures.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Egypt Family Holiday trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Minimum age: 5 years old. Please note that anyone aged under 18 must be accompanied by (and share accommodation with) a parent or legal guardian.
2. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 or younger at the time of travel.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Internal Flight please note the standard check in luggage allowance is 23 kg for EgyptAir.
5. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 5 pm on Day 1 in Cairo. This trip ends on Day 8 and you are free to leave at any time.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information