Amazing wildlife, both on land and underwater, is the drawcard of the remote Galapagos Islands. Tour the Galapagos' outstanding natural beauty and interesting history by foot and boat on this active adventure. Trace Darwin's theory of evolution, spot colourful, bizarre and beautiful creatures and have an experience that is completely out of this world as you discover the incredible Galapagos Islands.
Dates and availability
1. Full passport details are required at the time of booking. Please ensure all your details are correct and that they match your passport. The passport you travel with must match the booking details provided to us, otherwise, it could cause issues with your transit card and internal flights, resulting in purchasing a new card and flights at your own expense. This information is also necessary to purchase entry permits to certain sites. Please note that delays in providing this information could result in additional booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
2. At the Welcome Meeting on Day 1, you will need to pay your Leader $20 USD in cash for your Galapagos Transit Control Card.
3. Before you board your flight to the islands, at either Quito or Guayaquil Airports, you will have to check your luggage at the SICGAL counter, where they seal your checked bags; then proceed to the check-in counter of your respective airline.
4. The Galapagos park fee (US$100) and Isabela Port fee (US$10) are payable upon arrival to the islands (cash only). These amounts are in addition to your trip payment.
5. Please be advised that for the internal flights on this tour, the airline only provides a small snack. You may wish to take your own snacks as it is a long travel day.
6. Strict rules apply in the Galapagos Islands aimed at protecting and preserving its unique biodiversity. Intrepid strongly agrees and supports these rules, which range from times of the day that a destination can be visited to the distance kept between people and wildlife and especially not removing anything from the environment ( shells and corals, for example) – all these rules will be explained in more detail by your Leader on the ground. Not adhering to these rules can lead to hefty fines for travellers and can result in Intrepid losing the license to operate in the Galapagos Islands – these rules must be adhered to by all, without exception. Failure to adhere to the rules can result in being removed from the trip without a refund.
For more information, please follow this link: http://www.galapagos.org/travel/travel/park-rules/
7. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
8. Intrepid offers a shorter version of this tour (search trip code GGTG), which doesn't include flights to and from Quito and starts in the Galapagos.
Filter by rating