Experience the historical and natural highlights of breathtaking Bolivia
Explore the best of Bolivia on this adventure through lively cities, breathtaking scenery and colourful market towns. From the extreme elevation of bustling La Paz through the history of Potosi and Sucre, and on to the surreal salt flats of Salar de Uyuni, there's a diverse mix of adventures and activities that deliver excitement, intrigue and pleasure. Discover the highlights of this fascinating part of South America and be swept away by the colour and beauty flourishing in this corner of the world.
For a limited time only secure your dream 2023 adventure for $99 - Offer ends soon!Terms & Conditions
See the many different sides to Bolivia in La Paz and let the city’s weird and wacky Witches Market cast a spell over you.
Empty, haunting, and spectacular, the laws of earthly physics bend on the surreal Salar de Uyuni saltpan – experience it on a three-day 4WD adventure across the rocky Atacama Desert.
Choose to explore the extra-terrestrial landscapes of Valle de la Luna, a maze of canyons and colossal clay spires that feels like the surface of the Moon.
Discover the heart of Bolivia in the elegant colonial architecture and immaculately landscaped gardens of historical Sucre.
Delve into the steep streets and Spanish colonial architecture of Potosi – once one of the richest cities in the world.
This trip visits places that are at high altitude, and as a result some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Health’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more important information on this. Some pre-existing medical conditions are known to severely worsen at high altitude and be difficult to adequately treat on the ground, leading to more serious consequences. It is imperative that you discuss your pre-existing medical conditions with your doctor. We understand certain medications are reported to aid acclimatising to high altitude. Please discuss these options with your doctor.
You'll be spending a lot of time in a 4WD crossing some bumpy surfaces. This is the best way to see the sights in and around Uyuni, and is all part of the adventure.
In Bolivia (especially in Uyuni), sometimes things don't go to plan. For example, an attraction may be closed for the day with no notice or reason. Although this doesn't happen very often, please be prepared for the possibility.
Making your way across the Andean Desert and salt flats isn’t exactly luxurious. Temperatures in the area can be very cold, especially at night, so bring warm clothes with you. Meals are simple, toilet facilities are basic, showers can be cold, and the multi-share accommodation is dormitory-style. This is all part of the adventure. Without a doubt, this amazing experience will be one of the highlights of your trip to South America.
Please note that this trip can be joined with other adventures into a ‘combination trip’, which means that some of your fellow travellers may have begun their journey before today, and some may carry on to further destinations at the end of this tour. If you’d like to spend more time in South America, have a look at the combination trips that include this trip’s itinerary: Peru and Bolivia Uncovered (GGSUC).
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Bolivia Highlights trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 3 (Salar de Uyuni) and Day 4 (Desierto Siloli) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. The excursion to Uyuni salt lake is on a shared basis and your group size may be larger than 12 travellers.
3. Nationals from the USA and South Africa need a visa to enter Bolivia and we highly recommend you obtain this visa in advance from your nearest Bolivian consulate. Not obtaining the visa in advance is likely to cause long delays at the border. Please see the visa information on these Essential Trip information (ETI) for more information.
4. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase entrance and transport tickets. Delays in providing this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
5. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 6 pm on Day 1.
6. Parts of your trip go above 2800m/9200ft where it is common for travellers to experience health effects due to altitude. Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the signs and symptoms of altitude sickness prior to travel and see your doctor if you have health concerns.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information