Discover the majestic and the mysterious, deep in the land of the Inca
Uncover Peru’s best on this 16-day Premium journey through lush valleys, rich rainforests and Inca heartlands. Travel south from Lima to the charming city of Arequipa, see condors circling some of the deepest ravines in the world at Colca Canyon, and experience the wild heart of the Amazon Jungle. Consider trekking along the acclaimed Inca Trail, or relax on a scenic train ride, all to witness the magnificence of the ancient citadel of Machu Picchu. With a local leader each step of the way joining you on orientation walks and filling you in on the histories of the land, you’ll get to peruse Peru the local way.
Experience the country’s best during explorations of Arequipa and Colca Canyon, and two guided visits to Machu Picchu, reached by 360 train offering unbeatable views of the Andes.
Taste the flavours of Peru during Exclusive Experiences, including dinner at one of Lima’s best restaurants, a snack at the Manos Unidas social enterprise in Cusco and a home-cooked pachamanca lunch in the Sacred Valley.
Soak in truly stunning surroundings at your Feature Stay hotel along the Colca River, offering grounds dotted with tumbling waterfalls, organic gardens and gorgeous pools, plus modern rooms, first-class service and fantastic amenities.
Get to know the real Peru as you travel with a local leader, stay in a lodge run by the indigenous Ese Eja people, visit a local community in the Sacred Valley and explore with specialist guides in Cusco and Machu Picchu.
Take a walk on the wild side when you stay deep in the Amazon and enjoy a full day of wildlife activities, including a boat tour, night jungle walk and more.
Due to the high altitude of the places we visit some people can suffer altitude sickness, regardless of age, gender or fitness. It even happened to Sir Edmund Hillary! Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
Visitors are not permitted to explore Machu Picchu without a Machu Picchu guide (not our trip leaders) and must follow set routes within the site. This trip includes two guided visits of Machu Picchu and each visit is approximately 1.5 - 2 hours long. Your leader will provide more information to ensure you get the most out of your visits to this incredible site.
There are a couple of long drives on this trip, in particular on Days 5 and 8. These journeys are by private vehicle and although they may be a little tiring, they're a great chance to sit back and enjoy the passing scenery and chat to your fellow travellers.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium Peru in Depth trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you'd prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3.This trip includes domestic flights. The luggage allowance is 23kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on.
4. Full name exactly as per passport is required at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on the passport), for activity and transport bookings. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket.
5. This trip includes two visits to Machu Picchu. According to Machu Picchu visiting regulations, all visitors must follow a pre-determined route within the site. This route must be followed in one direction only, and once the guided visit commences exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted. Once the guided visit concludes, visitors must exit the site and personal exploration of Machu Picchu is not permitted. Please refer to the itinerary for details.
6. Your trip includes taking the train to Machu Picchu, however you may choose to book the 1-day Inca Trail hike (additional surcharge required). This optional activity is subject to permit availability. Please contact your booking agent if you would like to book this activity.
7. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information