Dive into a lesser-known Africa on this 19-day trip from the east of Tanzania through Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Begin on the pristine beaches of Zanzibar's northern coastline, then travel through rolling savanna and wide-open plains on a series of game drives and hikes. Get close to incredible wildlife in remote nature reserves and embrace local hospitality in the regional cities and traditional villages. Take on this eye-opening African overland adventure with a local crew to guide you to the best of the region, all shared with a small group of travellers ready to explore.
Dates and availability
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 2pm on Day 1 in Stone Town. This trip ends on Day 19 and you are free to leave at any time.
3. This trip is a combination of YXON and YXOR of our most popular itineraries. As such the make up of your group and your leader may change on Day 4.
4. Please note the Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
5. Our operator has advised that customers with the J&J vaccine and no booster may have difficulty crossing the border into Botswana (and potentially Zimbabwe) without a negative test result. This information conflicts with various government travel advice websites. We recommend you check with your local consulate before travel to ensure you have the most up to date information.
Filter by rating