Journey through the incredible Amazon Jungle in Peru
This enthralling jungle adventure allows total immersion into the wild beauty of the Amazon in Peru. Walk through abundant rainforest, cruise along murky waterways, spot exotic wildlife and learn about the healing properties of native plants. This tour is an excellent introduction to the friendly people and amazing creatures of the Amazon.
Experience the untouched world of the Amazon rainforest. Stroll along jungle trails on the lookout for monkeys, parrots, otters and caimans
Staying in a cosy nature lodge lit by candles and kerosene lamps, you'll be immersed in the ambience of the jungle, waking up to the twitter and buzz of exotic birds
Local staff and multilingual guides allow you to get the most out of this incredible environment. Pick their brain about the area's flora and fauna as you explore
Cruise down the Amazon in a canoe and stalk across lakes in search of rare giant river otters
Watch in awe as hundreds of brightly coloured macaws descend on a clay bank for their breakfast – a mysterious daily ritual that's like nothing else
The Amazon Jungle can be very hot and humid, so it's important to drink plenty of water and wear light cotton clothing. Make sure you also bring tropical-strength insect repellant.
This trip includes a full day's walk in the jungle. Even though the paths are well defined, this still requires a reasonable level of fitness, and sturdy walking shoes or light hiking boots are essential.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Peru: Amazon Jungle Short Break trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader – our local representative fills this role – and the configuration of any fellow travelers in the group might change during the trip. This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travelers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own.
This is a join in trip where you will be joined by other like minded travelers on transfers, at the jungle lodge and during jungle activities.
2. You must arrive to Puerto Maldonado by 1pm on day 1 of the trip. As you will be picked from the airport by a lodge representative, it is imperative that you inform us your arrival flight details into Puerto Maldonado at least 15 days prior to the start of the trip.
Please note the complimentary transfer can only be used on the start day of this trip.
3. On the final day you will take a morning motorized canoe back to Puerto Maldanado port and a transfer to the airport. Please do not book any flights prior to 11:45am
4. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport). Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure. Delays to provide this information may result in third party booking fees.
5. Age restrictions apply to this trip - minimum age 5.
6. Starting from 23rd Jan, the Peruvian government has enforced new regulations around movements in the country and access to public indoor venues by requiring anybody over 40 to show evidence of a booster shot. This includes catching domestic flights, trains, and going to restaurants, museums, banks, shops etc. We strongly advise you to book and complete your booster dose if you haven’t got it before your trip so that this new regulation won’t impact your experience and enjoyment in travelling in Peru.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information