Marvel at Machu Picchu and the Amazon in incredible Peru
Travel from the heady heights of the Andes to the exotic lowlands of the Amazon on this journey through the best of Peru. Get acquainted with the charm and grace of historic towns before hiking along ancient pathways to Machu Picchu and discovering the heart and soul of the Inca Empire. Then eyeball exotic plant and wildlife in the world's most remarkable jungle. From vibrant cities to glorious natural wonders, this trip shows you all corners of Peru.
Our biggest sale of the year has been extended! Up to 25% off trips. Valid on trips departing 1 Dec 21 - 14 Dec 22. Book by 3 December.Terms & Conditions
Lima’s grand colonial facades, Spanish houses and endless culture make it one of the prettiest cities to explore in Latin America.
Explore Cusco, South America's oldest continuously inhabited city. The city has ancient foundations, an interesting blend of Incan and colonial influences, and seemingly endless things to do and see.
Adjust to the altitude with a pisco sour and some ceviche to get to know Peruvian cuisine.
This trip gives both trekkers and non-trekkers the chance to visit Machu Picchu with Inca Trail, Quarry Trail and train options.
Travel through the Sacred Valley - known for its steep and soaring scenery, its mystical significance for the Inca and the indigenous cultures that still reside here.
Explore the greatest icon of ancient South America, Machu Picchu, on a guided tour.
Experience the untouched, evergreen splendour of the Amazon Jungle. Explore rainforest trails with a local guide, looking out for monkeys, parrots, and medicinal plants, then fall asleep in a lodge lit by candles and kerosene lamps
This trip visits places that are at high altitude, and as a result some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail.
This trip involves a lot of walking to see the sites, and if you trek the Inca Trail or Quarry Trail, there'll be strenuous hiking. The trip is recommended for those with a good level of fitness. Please bring comfortable footwear suitable to hiking. See the ‘Packing’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail.
For those who trek the Inca Trail or Quarry Trail, you'll be camping with basic facilities. It's definitely the journey as well as the final destination (Machu Picchu) that makes this way of exploring Peru worthwhile.
Can't decide which trek is for you? Read up on them here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/inca-trail-vs-quarry-trail/
This trip forms part of many longer combination trips. Some of your fellow travellers may have started earlier in Lima or elsewhere or be traveling on further after Peru, and some will be doing different routes to Machu Picchu.
The Amazon Jungle can be very hot and humid, so it's important to drink plenty of water and wear light cotton clothing. Make sure you also bring tropical-strength insect repellant.
This trip includes a full day's walk in the jungle. Even though the paths are well defined, this still requires a reasonable level of fitness, and sturdy walking shoes or light hiking boots are essential.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Inca Trail & Amazon Adventure trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase Entrance fees to certain sites. Additionally, on certain trips it's needed to book bus, train or flight tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary. Details provided must be accurate as per your passport bio page. This will be used for applying for your Inca permit and if any info doesn’t match your passport, Inca authority will refuse your entry.
2. Please note this trip starts at 2pm on day 1. If you are unable to find a suitable flight it is possible to book additional nights at the joining accommodation. We recommend that travellers intending to depart Lima on the final day of the trip book flights out of Lima no earlier than 12 at noon, to allow for possible delays on returning to Lima or in the event of needing to take antigen or a PCR test. Intrepid staff will be able to assist in booking any required tests in Lima.
3. A single supplement is available for all nights on this trip. This includes when trekking where a single tent will be provided.
4. Inca Trail permits are sold on request basis only. Once deposit is paid and passport details provided, Intrepid will endeavour to secure a permit for you. Due to the reduced capacity of Inca Trail during Covid period, if Inca Trail permits of our chosen route are unavailable by the time you book, you can opt to hike the Inca Quarry Trail instead https://www.intrepidtravel.com/machu-picchu-peru/quarry-trail
The timing of trekking may vary depending on the route and time slot we are given for entering the Inca Trail. Your group leader will give you the details at the welcome group meeting on Day 1 of your trip.
5. The Inca Trail closes in February to allow cleaning and restoration works. If the trek portion of your trip starts in February, you will be automatically booked to hike the Inca Quarry Trail.
6. Should you choose not to hike at all, please let us know in writing at the time of booking so alternative arrangements can be made. Without this prior warning, local fees may apply.
7. While hiking the 4-day Inca Trail or the 3-day Inca Quarry trail portion of this trip you may be joined by other Intrepid and/or non-Intrepid travellers.
8. Mask wearing is mandatory in Peru during Covid period as part of the local regulation. Travellers will be required to wear masks in situations where they are unable to physically distance themselves from other group members, whether hiking, in public gathering areas such as campsites or when visiting local communities.
9. Parts of your trip go above 2800 metres / 9200 feet where it is common for travellers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness. Please consult your doctor for professional advice about travelling at high altitude if you have a health condition
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information