Discover the treasures of Tuscany on an Italian adventure
Uncover the warmth and richness of Italian culture as you journey from Rome to Venice on an eight-day Premium adventure. Travel through the rustic heart of Tuscany as you seek out culinary delights and tucked-away treasures among the rolling countryside. Explore the wonders of Venice’s Piazza San Marco, Pisa’s Leaning Tower and Rome’s Colosseum with an expert local leader. Castle stays, local wine tastings, multi-course dinners and high-speed train journeys – this adventure will make memorable moments for both the Italian novice and maestro.
Nestled in the rolling vineyards of Tuscany, spend a memorable night at your gorgeous Feature Stay hotel converted from an 11th-century convent and dine on a gourmet meal at the onsite restaurant.
Explore Rome’s iconic Colosseum under moonlight during an Exclusive Experience evening tour. Walk in the footsteps of gladiators without the jostling daytime crowds.
Treasure Tuscany’s love of cuisine and viticulture during a trip to the celebrated wine-growing region of San Gimignano. Visit a family-run winery and sample some world-class wine.
Take advantage of local knowledge with a small-group leader joining you on orientation walks in some of Italy’s best cities and recommending places to visit and eat.
Venice is the ideal place to wander with no set path. Lose yourself in the town's myriad alleyways, full of artisan shops and eateries, and dine on cicchetti – Venice’s version of tapas.
Summer temperatures can be extreme in this region (over 40°C), which can be uncomfortable. It’s important to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat and drink plenty of water. Please carefully consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
During your trip you will visit numerous religious sites. You will need to bring clothes that cover the shoulders and knees. A light scarf is a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot. Your leader will be able to advise when such clothing is necessary.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium Tuscany trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. There are a limited number of single supplements available per trip departure. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Day 3 and Day 7 includes 1st Class Train Ride.
4. Porterage is not included at train stations and on/off trains.
5. Multiple hotels may be used as our Feature Stay in the Tuscan countryside, including Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo, Villa Ducci, or Hotle Terre Rosse.
6. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information