If India and Nepal are calling your name, this is your sign. On this 20-day adventure, you’ll eat your weight in delicious street food, witness the majesty of one of the Seven Wonders of the World (the Taj Mahal of course) and cruise down the holy Ganges in Varanasi. Hang in Buddha’s hometown (Lumbini), search for sloth bears and rhinos at Chitwan National Park and traverse colourful Kathmandu. Pull on your adventure boots and dive into a rafting experience in Pokhara, camp on the beach and enjoy dinner beneath the stars by the Trisuli River, then trek the Annapurna Circuit. Enjoy the chance to stay with local families along the way, including in a remote village in Hemjakot where you might choose to tuck into a home-cooked dinner with your newfound crew. End it all back in Nepal’s capital and take your newfound spirituality, cooking skills, adventurous spirit or all three back home!
Dates and availability
1. An excellent level of fitness is required for this trip as there are long trekking days in difficult terrain.
2. Altitude does not exceed 1950 metres/6400 feet on this trip.
3. Rafting on the Trisuli River is grade 3+.
4. Please ensure you bring a passport size photo for our Annapurna trek permit application.
5. A sleeping bag is required for this trip. Please bring your own or hire one in Kathmandu.
6. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 16, 17 and 18 (Tea House) and Day 6 (Overnight sleeper train) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
7. Hot air balloon flights are operated by Sky Waltz in Jaipur. Flights operate from September 1st to April 30th and last approximately 60 mins. Return transfers, tea and coffee plus light refreshments and a certificate of flight are included in the cost. You can register your interest and pay your tour leader at your joining meeting on day 1 of your trip. Payment must be made by cash in either INR/AUD/USD/GBP only and is USD$260pp (subject to change). Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions (tickets are fully refundable in case of bad weather).
8. This trip is a combination of HNYK and HNYU our most popular itineraries. As such the make up of your group and your leader may change on day 13.
9. Please be aware that in the event of an emergency evacuation, Intrepid does not have control over which helicopter service may be used. Some helicopters are not in regular use with Intrepid and have not passed our internal safety auditing.
10. Please provide your full name exactly as it appears on your passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport. Fees may apply for adding or amending details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases, you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket.
Filter by rating