Challenge yourself with the W Trek in Chilean Patagonia – one of the best hiking spots in the world
Immerse yourself in the Patagonian wilderness, on this 6-day hiking trip in the Torres del Pain National Park of Chile. Coined one of the most beautiful and popular treks in the world, the W Trek traverses through rolling grasslands and mountainous peaks, alongside the breathtaking blues of lakes, rivers and streams. You’ll stay in Refugios by night (backcountry huts or lodges with all the comforts of home) and walk the ever-changing landscape by day. Along the way, witness jagged icebergs on Lake Grey, diverse flora and fauna (look out for Andean condors and grazing guanacos) and the famous Los Cuernos del Paine (The Horns of Blue) and Torres del Paine (Towers of Blue) distinctive to Patagonia. If you’re looking for a challenge, this multi-day hiking trek is perfect for you.
Immerse yourself in the sheer majesty of Chilean Patagonia – one of the most beautiful landscapes on earth with its vast mountain ranges, glacial lakes, grasslands and beech forests.
Explore French Valley, Lake Grey and the famous Towers of Blue (Torres del Paine) on an actioned-packed multi-day hiking trip. This part of the world is widely considered one of the best for hiking.
Witness this raw, untamed landscape on a low-altitude trek that takes you through a designated UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve. Keep your eye out for Andean condors, flamingos and guanacos.
Stay in Refugios with fully serviced kitchens and bathrooms, comfortable beds and all meals taken care of – so you don’t need to worry about anything other than the experience.
Hike the W Trek in Torres del Paine National Park West to East, saving the crown jewel (the three peaks of Torres del Paine) for last. What a way to cap off the perfect hiking trip!
This is a hiking trip, so it does require a good level of fitness, but no previous experience is needed. The longest day will see you hiking for 24 km with 1100 m of elevation gain.
Please read the packing list carefully and come prepared, as you may not have a chance to buy any missing parts of equipment or trekking clothing.
You will need to carry your luggage on the trek as porter services is not included. Your fully packed trekking backpack should not exceed 12kg total weight.
This trip is new to our range this year. Despite rigorous planning and research, new itineraries can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a welcome surprise, but every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Patagonia: Torres del Paine Classic W Trek trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase entrance fees to Torres del Paine National Parks.
2. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 6 pm on Day 1.
3. Tour leader is also a qualified Trekking Guide and will join the group for Welcome Meting and then on the morning of Day 2 for the start of the trek.
4. All overnight stays in Torres del Paine are booked in authentic refuges, with shared facilities and dorm style rooms.
5. You will need to carry your luggage on the trek (porter services is not included), so please read a packing list and our recommendations carefully. Your fully packed trekking backpack should not exceed 12kg total weight. Excess luggage can be stored in our hotel in Puerto Natales for the duration of the trip.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information