Uncover the wonders of the Middle East in Egypt and Jordan
From the Valley of the Kings to the awe-inspiring ruins of Petra, this 16-day Premium adventure through Egypt and Jordan reveals the sphinxes and tombs of your childhood imagination and then some. Cruise down the Nile, visit traditional Nubian communities, dig for obscure treasure in ancient marketplaces and float in the Dead Sea. Be guided by a passionate Egyptologist and a Jordanian local, respectively, for the most immersive possible experiences in two fascinating nations. This tour reveals the iconic sites that you’ve seen on film plus plenty of intimate moments with locals who are proud to invite you into their world.
A day at the incredible Pyramids of Giza is only the beginning. Discover the Valley of the Kings, Petra and Wadi Rum, and experience the unique sensation of floating in the Dead Sea.
With two Feature Stays, experience the best of each country with three unforgettable evenings on a Nile riverboat and a night in isolated elegance at a luxury camp in Wadi Rum.
Lift the lid on Middle Eastern cuisine during Exclusive Experiences, including a meal in the home of a local family in Cairo, a visit to the city’s oldest coffeeshop, and dinner at a Bedouin camp cooked in a traditional zarb.
Cruise down the Nile on a traditional felucca boat during a fantastic Exclusive Experience. Enjoy drinks on board and watch daily life play out around you as the sun goes down.
Gain an unmatched understanding of the region while travelling with experienced local leaders and spending time with the locals. Discover the Nubian way of life with a family on the Nile and immerse yourself in Bedouin culture during an exciting evening at their camp.
Ramadan is an annual month-long festival, during which travel can be a rewarding cultural experience, however some regular services may not be available during the day, such as restaurants or cafes, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider this when selecting your travel dates. You’ll find dates and further information in the ‘Climate and seasonal information’ section of the Essential Trip Information.
This trip takes in many religious sites, so it’s best to come prepared. You will need to bring clothes that cover arms and legs – a light scarf is a good idea for hot days.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. This trip includes domestic and international flights as indicated on the trip map. The luggage allowance is 23kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on.
4. Petra By Night is offered as an optional activity. This activity is currently scheduled to operate on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please check your departure date if you are planning this activity as it is not available on all departures.
5. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information