Uncover the awe-inspiring beauty of the Canadian Rockies on foot
It doesn’t get more beautiful than the Canadian Rockies – snow-capped peaks, glittering lakes and a tranquil escape from the modern world. Give your legs and camera batteries a workout as you hike through magnificent scenery most can only dream about, from the pure spectacle of Jasper National Park to the rugged beauty of Banff and the showstopping landscapes of Yoho National Park. Search for wildlife at Maligne Lake, explore the famed landscapes of Lake Louise and travel along the iconic Icefields Parkway. Throw in an expert local leader and a group of likeminded travellers and you’re on track for an unforgettable adventure.
Treat yourself with up to 30% off* our trips for a limited time only!Terms & Conditions
Set out on some of the world’s most spectacular walks, hiking through the Bow Glacier Falls, Valley of the Five Lakes, Wilcox Pass, Peyto Lake, the Iceline Trail and Tunnel Mountain.
Not only will you enjoy the expertise of a local leader, but all hikes will be led by a certified hiking guide, ensuring your maximum safety and comfort. And with all meals included, fuelling up for your adventures is a breeze.
Taking in stunning scenery isn’t just reserved for hikes – at the end of each day you’ll retire to scenic campgrounds serving up truly memorable views.
Marvel at the natural wonders of the Rockies during visits to Maligne Lake, Yoho’s natural bridge, Lake Louise, Takakkaw Falls, Emerald Lake and the phenomenal Icefields Parkway.
Enjoy time to discover all that Jasper town and Banff National Park have to offer, with hiking, biking, hot pools and cosy pubs right at your fingertips.
This is a walking trip with some hikes taking up to six hours over rocky terrain, so a good level of fitness and appropriate walking gear is a must.
This is a camping trip where you are expected to pitch in with setting up tents and helping out with cooking and washing up.
This trip starts on Day 1 as early as 7.30am and finishes on day 8 upon arrival to Calgary at around 4pm. You may wish to pre-book additional nights in Calgary at the start and end of the trip.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hiking in the Canadian Rockies trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 7.30am on Day 1 in Calgary. Please see Joining Point Hotel listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary. Please consider booking an extra pre tour night in Calgary to make sure you will be on time for the start of your adventure.
2. You are expected to arrive back in Calgary around 4pm on the last day of the tour and dropped off at the same location as the joining point.
3. There is no accommodation included on the last day in Calgary, however we can request any additional nights should you need them.
4. A sleeping bag is required for this trip. If you would like to rent a sleeping bag locally, the cost is $50 CAD, payable in cash to your guide on Day 1 of the trip. Please advise your booking agent prior to departure if you require a sleeping bag rental.
5. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a tent on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information