You could be the lucky winner and end the year basking in the Antarctic sun as you watch whales breach from the deck of the ship. Enter for your chance to win a trip for two* on one of our Best of Antarctica departures leaving in the upcoming season. Fill out the entry form below and check back at the end of August when we announce our winner.
Enter For a Chance to Win a Trip for two to Antarctica Sweeps (the “Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND TO RECEIVE MARKETING MATERIALS FROM INTREPID TRAVEL ("SPONSOR"). YOU ALSO REPRESENT THAT YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Intrepid Travel, located at 579 Richmond Street W, Suite 400, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5V 1Y6. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law, or where bonding, registration, or other requirements have not been met. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility Requirements: The Sweepstakes is open to US and Canadian entrants who have reached the age of majority at time of sweeps start date and enter all the necessary details on the sweeps landing page. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Michigan, Rhode Island, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Quebec and wherever else prohibited by law. Sponsor’s employees and agents, and other persons professionally associated with the Sweepstakes, including each of their immediate family and household members, are not eligible. Winner(s) may be required to furnish proof of identity, address, and age to receive a prize.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on 19 July 2021 at 00:01am EDT and ends on 23 August 2021 at 10:00am EDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries received prior to or following the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified, except the entries received by physical mail may be received as indicated below. The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit https://www.intrepidtravel.com/travel-sweepstakes
a. First Name
b. Last Name
c. Email Address
4. Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
5. Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry per person, per email account. You may not use multiple means of entry (e.g., multiple email accounts or multiple social media accounts) to circumvent the entry limit.
6. Prize(s): One (1) Grand-Prize winner will receive a trip to Antarctica which includes: (a) A booking for the prize winner and a guest (2 people total) on Intrepid Travel’s Best of Antarctica trip, dependent on availability (details outlined here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/antarctica/best-antarctica-130200) (ARV: $25,000 USD) (“Intrepid Tour”). Airfare excluded.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Twenty-Five Thousand Dollars and Zero Cents ($25,000 USD). The ARV represents Sponsor’s good-faith determination of the approximate retail value of the Prize in U.S. dollars, and may differ from the actual fair market value. The actual fair market value is determined by Sponsor, is final and binding, and may not be challenged or appealed. If the ARV of a prize exceeds the actual fair market value of the Prize, the difference will not be awarded to winner in cash or otherwise.
Winner and any guest of winner must travel on the same Intrepid Travel tour itinerary, on departure dates available by Intrepid Travel, and must possess valid identification and all necessary documents for travel including passport and visas. Winner must have a valid passport for travel with at least two (2) empty pages and six (6) months' validity after the date of departure. Winner must schedule tour through Intrepid Travel and the tour is subject to all booking conditions, requirements, and restrictions established by Intrepid Travel. Intrepid Tour must have four (4) confirmed passengers on a specific departure date prior to winner confirming their spot. Winner must respond to correspondence confirming prize claim within 14 days, and Intrepid Tour must be confirmed and booked by 30 September 2021 for travel departing by 29 December, 2021. Winner will not be awarded additional compensation if winner travels without an eligible guest. Guests must be aged 18 or over; eligibility is determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
No changes to travel arrangements will be permitted once any element of the Prize-related travel is booked. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates once delivered to winner (or winner’s guest). Prize-related travel may be subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates, and other restrictions.
Any unclaimed and/or unused portion of the Prize will be forfeited upon travel completion and will remain the property of Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made if a flight is cancelled or delayed. Travel is subject to Intrepid Travel's terms and conditions located at https://www.intrepidtravel.com/booking-intrepid/booking-conditions and Safe Travels policies located at https://www.intrepidtravel.com/safe-travels
Intrepid Tour does not include spending money, travel taxes, trip kitties, and any costs related to travel insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transfers and all other ancillary costs (as well as the costs of obtaining any of these). All such costs and matters are the responsibility of the winner.
Prize details not specifically described are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Prize excludes, and winner is solely responsible for, any costs or fees incurred by winner or winner's guest during Prize-related travel that are not specified in the Official Rules as part of the Prize, including but not limited to: applicable taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, airport transfer transportation fees not included in trip itinerary, additional meals and alcoholic beverages, other than described herein, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, medical and travel insurance together with any necessary travel documentation including passports and visas, as applicable and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature, together with any applicable overnight layover. Winner is solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the departure point as the trip portion of the Prize originates and terminates there.
Winner should consult a physician prior to travel to determine the advisability of immunizations and inoculations that may be appropriate. Winner is required to obtain medical insurance prior to departure and it is recommended that winner obtains sufficient personal insurance prior to departure.
The Intrepid Tour provided must be accepted as awarded, there are no substitutions. There is no cash alternative for the Prize, in whole or in part. The Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No compensation, refunds, or alternatives will be offered due to a winner's inability to attend, claim, or use the Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any Prize. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of Prize(s) stated in these Official Rules.
If winner and/or winner’s guest engages or has engaged in behavior that is obnoxious, threatening, disruptive, inappropriate, illegal, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify winner and to immediately terminate any outstanding portion of the Prize without further compensation.
7. Winner Selection: Sponsor will use a computer-generated randomizer to select one (1) Grand Prize Winner from the entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (or, for mail entries, received by the date indicated above) on 24 August 2021. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of the winner, the registered account holder of the email account used to submit the winning entry will be deemed the winner, subject to such owner’s compliance with the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to deliver Prize(s) to the email or mailing address supplied by the winner at the time of entry.
8. Winner Notification and Acceptance Requirements: Sponsor will contact winner(s) by email account used by winner to enter, or, for entries received by mail, the mailing address if no email address is provided. Sponsor is not liable for a winner’s failure or inability to receive communications sent by Sponsor to the contact information provided. To receive the Prize, the winner must: (a) respond to Sponsor within five (5) business days of initial contact to confirm eligibility; and (b) sign and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, IRS Form W-9 (if requested), and liability and publicity release (together, “Winner Paperwork”) to Sponsor within five (5) business days of Sponsor’s delivery.
A winner may be disqualified for: failure to timely respond to Sponsor’s notification, failure to timely complete and return the Winner Paperwork, failure to meet the Eligibility Requirements at the time of entry, failure to comply with the Official Rules, and/or failure to comply with applicable laws and regulations, each as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All winner privileges shall immediately terminate upon disqualification. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor may select an alternative winner (up to a maximum of two alternates). No alternate winner will be drawn if a Prize is time-sensitive.
Normal time, toll, connection, and usage rates charged by your Internet Service Provider may apply. Winner(s) are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on the value of the Prize. Winner(s) may receive from an IRS form 1099-MISC at the end of the calendar year, a copy of which form will also be filed with the Internal Revenue Service.
Unless prohibited by applicable law, winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes winner’s irrevocable permission for Sponsor and each Sweepstakes Partner to use winner’s name, address, biographical information, likeness, and testimonial for advertising or publicity purposes regarding the Sweepstakes, on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media known or unknown, without further compensation.
9. General Terms: Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. This includes, for example, the use of computer ‘script,’ ‘macro,’ or ‘brute force,’ masking identities by manipulating IP addresses, or using any automated means to enter the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant uses a username or email address that belongs to or is already being used by another person, whether actual or fictitious, that may be interpreted as impersonating another person, or violating the rights of any person.
Incomplete, illegal, misdirected, untimely, or invalid entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending is not proof of delivery. Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for delayed, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged, or lost entries due to technical reasons or otherwise.
If the Sweepstakes cannot be run or be administered as planned, for reasons outside of Sponsor’s control, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) by posting a notice on the Sweepstakes entry page. Sponsor further reserves the right to modify, cancel, or suspend the Sweepstakes if Sponsor believes doing so is necessary to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes or fairness to entrants. Sponsor will not be liable for a delay or failure to perform its obligations if caused by an act, omission, event, or circumstance beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control.
This Sweepstakes is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of laws principle. By entering the Sweepstake, you irrevocably consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of New York and waive the right to have disputes arising out of the subject matter hereof adjudicated in other forum. In no event, will you be entitled to injunctive relief or equitable relief of any kind, or restrain the continuation of any Sweepstake.
You may unsubscribe from any email communication by clicking the “unsubscribe” (or similar) link at the bottom of any marketing email sent from Sponsor, or by contacting such entity directly.
11. Risks; Warranties; Release of Claims: Your participation in the Sweepstakes is at your own risk. Releasees do not make, and hereby disclaim, all implied warranties of any kind relating to the Prize, including warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, and noninfringement, or any representations regarding the function or operation of the Prize.
12. Release: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold Sponsor, each Sweepstakes Partner, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors (collectively, the “Releasees”) harmless from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage directly or indirectly relating to (i) the provision, hosting, sponsorship, administration, suspension, or cancellation of the Sweepstakes, (ii) a person’s ability or inability to enter or participate in the Sweepstakes, including those arising from technical failures, third-party telecommunication outages, or other force majeure events, (iii) any determination of disqualification or other decision made by Sponsor in its sole discretion, (iv) your ability to win, claim, or use a Prize, or to otherwise participate in any activity relating to the Sweepstakes, (v) the Prize itself, or your use or misuse of a Prize, and/or (vi) electronic or human error, or events arising from the simple negligence of one or more Releasees.
You acknowledge that you have had an opportunity to review these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s and each Sweepstakes Partner’s privacy policies, and understand them. You acknowledge and agree that this is a complete RELEASE and DISCHARGE of all claims and rights against the Releasees, and that this release will be binding upon an entrant’s and winner’s heirs, executors, and administrators, and anyone claiming by or through an entrant or winner.
13. Winner Publication: The first name, last name, and state of residency for confirmed winner(s) will be available upon written request to the Sponsor at the address below, for two (2) years following the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsor: 579 Richmond Street W, Suite 400, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5V 1Y6