Venture together into nature, past lakes and through kiwi territory
It’s time to explore the marvellous sights and sounds of New Zealand’s South Island with the kids, and this seven-day family adventure is just the ticket. You’ll all be in awe driving past some of mother nature’s most spectacular sights – the Crown Range, Lake Wanaka, Milford Sound, Stewart Island and Te Anau Downs, to name just a few. And with all of the adventure covered, the family will be cycling, hiking, paddling, cruising and animal spotting until your heart is content. So, come and see what all the fuss is about on this exploration of New Zealand’s great wilderness, with all of the hassle and worries taken care of by our expert local team.
Discover our range of trips in Australia and New Zealand
Jump in a kayak on Lake Wanaka and meander across the clear blue water, then swap the paddles for a water taxi as you go explore the predator-free conservation island of Mou Waho.
The scenery on New Zealand’s South Island is second to none. Traverse through lush ridges and gorges, and spend the day cruising through one of the world’s most admired natural wonders – Milford Sound.
Cycle as a family along part of the Otago Rail Trail, stopping to soak in the historic trestle bridges and lush countryside that has remained largely untouched since the gold rush days.
By staying on the wildlife mecca of Stewart Island, you and the family will have so many opportunities to head out exploring. Walk along the Rakiura track and ferry to Ulva Island – a natural habitat of rare plants and birds, including the kiwi.
This South Island adventure is specifically designed with families in mind. Enjoy a range of lodge and apartment-style accommodation, plus plenty of time to relax by the lakes or head out to dinner together.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
There are several walks planned on this family holiday. A reasonable level of fitness and appropriate footwear and clothing will allow you all to fully enjoy this adventure.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our New Zealand South Island Family Holiday trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
2. Minimum age for children on this trip is 10 years old.
3. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 years and under at time of travel.
4. Your adventure starts on Day 1 in Queenstown at 10am.
5. Bicycle hire is included on day 2 so we require all passengers height at the time of booking. Bike helmets are supplied also but you may wish to bring your own.
6. We recommend you wear closed-toe shoes and suitable clothing for the walks and cycling.
7. A single supplement is bookable on this trip, subject to availability at the time of booking. If you would like to book a single supplement and enquire about availability please speak to your booking agent.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information