Experience the best of the Hunter Valley on a 3 day cycling adventure.
Renowned for its magnificent vineyards framed by the Brokenback Ranges, the Hunter Valley is Australia’s oldest wine region and well known for its natural beauty, welcoming people and delicious wine. This cycling trip takes in the best of it at a pace set to enjoy the experience rather than get your heart racing. Unpack once in the historic town of Cessnock, then use your bike to meander through wine country along the Wine Eco Trail and the new ‘Around Hermitage Wine & Food Trail’, delve into First Nations Wonnarua history at a nearby winery, and rediscover the joy of pedalling through one of the most gorgeous wine regions in the country.
Our biggest sale of the year has been extended! Up to 25% off trips. Valid on trips departing 1 Dec 21 - 14 Dec 22. Book by 3 December.Terms & Conditions
Unpack once and base yourself on a 4 star hotel in Cessnock, laid back gateway to the Hunter Valley, where a hot shower and comfy bed awaits you each night.
Cycle the Wine Eco Trail which showcases half a dozen cellar doors along a 3 kilometre scenic tree-lined and nature-filled lane.
Ride along small farm roads and tracks up to the Bimbadeen Lookout for panoramic views over the Hunter Valley .
Cycle the new Around Hermitage Wine & Food Trail, sampling stunning wines and fresh produce along the way.
Experience a unique opportunity to learn about the oldest living culture on earth at nearby vineyard
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
There is no support vehicle on this trip however distances are short and, as a centre-based trip, your luggage will remain in the hotel rather than need to be carried with you.
Due to the relatively small distances cycled on this trip, we have a single leader that rides with the group. There may be times when the leader asks one of the group to act as a backmarker.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle the Hunter Valley trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Bicycles are included on this trip but you are welcome to bring your own bike should you choose. A discount of $AUD100 will apply to those people bringing their own bike - please ask your travel consultant for more details.
2. This trip starts on Day 1 at midday (12pm) and finishes around 2pm on Day 3 of the trip.
3. To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
4. On this trip, we have a single leader that rides with the group.
5. This trip does not have a support vehicle while riding.
6. Our riding is done mostly on a well-graded and maintained roads, so there are no technical cycling skills required.
7. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are on an 'on request' basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed booking. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information