An off-road adventure over Utah’s best trails
Moab is celebrated for a lot of things – epic national parks, fascinating red rock formations and Southwestern hospitality. But it’s the region’s mountain bike trails that set it apart from the rest. Join a local leader for a six-day adventure and cover trails to suit every rider, from tarmac to slickrock and singletrack. Take in the sights of the Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, marvel at the power of the Colorado River, ride alongside striking sandstone and look over natural mesas and pinnacles. Let your bike broaden your horizons and gain access to parts of Utah that can only be discovered on two wheels.
Kicking things off in Salt Lake City, take a warm-up ride around its most magnificent sights, including the Wasatch Mountain Range, Utah State Capital and iconic Mormon Temple.
Spend five unforgettable days traversing the red rock landscapes of Moab on a mountain bike, home to the Arches and Canyonlands National Parks and some of the world’s best biking trails.
Mix hiking with biking explore Arches National Park on two feet to discover the world's largest concentration of natural sandstone arches, including the famous Delicate Arch.
Moab’s beloved Sovereign Trails offer something to every level of rider, from meandering trails to testing slickrock and desert singletrack.
Put in the legwork and be rewarded with some show-stopping views over Salt Valley, the pinnacles and buttes of Canyonlands National Park and the winding Colorado River.
This Intrepid cycling trip is a mountain biking adventure that features several rides off-road on dirt trails, single-track and slickrock, at times without a support vehicle directly with the group. It is important that you are comfortable, confident and competent on these terrains and have a good level of fitness to fully enjoy this trip.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding travel prior to booking this trip.
This trip deliberately involves a fair amount of driving – this is designed that you only cycle the very best places and none of the 'transit' legs in-between.
Due to the frequent vehicle-free nature of the trails around Moab there are times when the support vehicle cannot be with the group. In this case it will be at a designated meeting point (see day to day itinerary for more details). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a backmarker.
For groups of less than six travellers we have a single leader that drives the support vehicle alongside the group. For larger groups we have a separate driver and the leader will cycle all routes.
Electric bikes (e-bike) are not available on this trip as they are not allowed on the majority of trails around Moab.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Utah: Moab Mountain Biking trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip begins at midday 12pm on Day 1.
2. This trip finishes around 5 pm on Day 6.
3. A Single Supplement may be available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
4. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so we can organise a suitable sized bike.
5. The included bikes on this trip are Specialized alloy Stumpjumper mountain bikes, suitable for the frequent off-road terrain.
6. Electric bikes (e-bike) are not available on this trip as they are not allowed on the majority of trails around Moab.
7. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
8. For group less than 6 clients we have a single leader that drives the support vehicle alongside the group. For larger groups, we have a driver plus a leader that rides with the group.
9. The routes indicated are subject to change depending on the group preferences, weather conditions and unforeseen route closures.
10. Accommodation is not included on day 6 of this trip. If you require additional accommodation (or want to reserve your room for the main part of the day) please contact the hotel directly.
11. Due to Covid-19 restrictions some of the local attractions may be temporarily closed, running reduced hours, or require booking ahead. Please check their websites for up-to-date opening hours.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information