An action-packed summer escape in USA’s icy state
See the best of icy Alaska in the summer seasons on a seven-day family-focused adventure from Anchorage. As you travel through the America’s northernmost reaches, take in spectacular scenic viewpoints across Flattop Mountain and Cook Inlet, learn of rich First Nations cultures and stroll lifelike villages. Cruise the extraordinary Kenai Fjords National Park, hike to see the toe of Exit Glacier, and take to the snow for a dog sledding experience alongside adorable huskies! With an ideal balance between active inclusions and plenty of family time, this Alaskan exploration is a perfect fit for all types of families.
Walk through life-sized village displays and learn of the rich First Nations cultures and communities of Alaska with an included visit to the Alaska Native Heritage Center in Anchorage.
Spend the day cruising past icy calving glaciers, rugged clifftops and an array of wildlife – including sea otters, puffins and maybe even whales – on a catamaran experience in the Kenai Fjords National Park.
Learn what mushing means, with a visit with Alaskan sled dogs.
Start the day off right each morning with an included breakfast together, and in both Anchorage and Seward, have the time to explore at your own family’s pace with plenty of built in leisure time.
While Alaska can experience warm summers, you should still be prepared for cold temperatures, especially at night, and also rain, which can (and does) happen year-round. Bring warm clothing with you, including base layers, a warm hat, gloves and a thick coat, as well as a rain jacket and waterproof shoes.
The summer months in Alaska see very long daylight hours, with the sun not completely setting until after midnight. As most people are likely to sleep before midnight, you might want to bring an eye mask to block out the light.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Alaska Summer Family Holiday trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 5pm on Day 1 in Anchorage. Please make your own way to the Joining Point listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Please note this trip requires a minimum number of booked customers to guarantee the departure. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be advised no later than 56 days out from departure (prior to full payment due). Your Booking Agent will advise at time of booking if the departure has met minimum numbers and is guaranteed to depart. We recommend arranging flights and related travel services only once your Booking Agent has confirmed your departure is guaranteed. In the event that your departure is cancelled due to minimum numbers not being met, a full refund will be provided of monies paid.
4.Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
5. Minimum age for children on this trip is 5 years old
6. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children under 17 years of age at time of travel.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information