Delight in the colours and cultures of Mexico and Cuba
Uncover little pockets of paradise on a 23-day Premium adventure through Mexico and Cuba. Explore Mexico City and the great ruins of Teotihuacan, learn the colonial history of Puebla and Oaxaca before continuing south to Puerto Morelos. Walk through magnificent Maya ruins, the beautiful Yucatan Peninsula and renowned Chichen Itza before flying to Havana – Cuba’s captivating capital. Experience Havana in all its faded glory, uncover the easy beauty of rural Vinales, wander the cobblestoned streets of Trinidad and soak up the coastal vibe of Cienfuegos. Find a common thread with the locals and discover the warmth and charm of these neighbouring nations.
Explore Mexico City on a tour with your leader, visit the spectacular ruins of Teotihuacan, Chichen Itza and Tulum, learn some salsa steps in slow-paced Vinales, and take in the colours of Soroa, the valley known as the 'Rainbow of Cuba'.
Discover traditional craft industries and the locals who produce them in Oaxaca and Zinacantan, and meet a Maya family in the secluded Laguna Chabela for a traditional tortilla making demonstration.
Your local leader will help you learn the story of the Cuban Revolution, as well as a visit to the memorials dedicated to revolutionary hero Ernesto Che Guevara in Santa Clara.
Enjoy the old-world charm of your feature stays in Oaxaca and Merida – magnificent mansions turned boutique hotels, and walk in the glamourous footsteps of the famous and infamous during your feature stay at the iconic Hotel Nacional de Cuba in Havana.
Understand the diversity of Mexican and Cuban food during a taco crawl in Mexico City, traditional lunches with Zapotecan, Maya and Trinidadian families and dinners at an award-winning hidden restaurant in Oaxaca and in the Tulum jungle.
Hotels in Cuba are government-run, which means renovations are few and far between. As for the guesthouses (casas) we use, they are much nicer than your average Cuban dwelling but keep in mind that each and every room is unique. That said, regardless of where you stay, power cuts and breaks in hot water are sometimes unavoidable, as in any developing country.
Part of Cuba’s appeal is its old-fashioned style – this includes the banking systems. Funds in Cuba can be difficult to access. Please read our Essential Trip Information to be fully prepared.
Internet in Cuba can also be scarce, unreliable and expensive. Treat this trip as a holiday from emails and social media.
Cuba is different, and that's a big part of its allure. Things don't always go according to plan, and many things don't work the same way as back home. Patience and good humour will go a long way in this beautiful destination.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers entering Cuba. You may be asked to show proof of your travel insurance by immigration staff upon arrival at Havana Airport.
4. Please advise bedding configuration requests to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
5. There are unprecedented changes happening in Cuba right now. It is an exciting time, but it also means some patience and understanding is required for the heightened demand of infrastructure, accommodation and services. To help set your expectations correctly, please read the ‘Is this trip right for you?’ and ‘Joining point description' sections in the Essential Trip Information.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information