Wind your way through wine country
Is there a better way to enjoy South Australia's renowned wine country than on a bicycle? If there is, we’re yet to find it. Just a short distance from cosmopolitan Adelaide, this is a region well known for its natural beauty, welcoming people and of course delicious red and white wines. This cycling trip takes in the best of it at a pace set to enjoy rather than race. Get started in the very heart of vibrant Adelaide, one of the world's most liveable cities, then transport out to the nearby yet distinct wine regions. From the Barossa Valley – home of Australia's best-known red wine – to the northern Clare Valley (ripe for a drop of Riesling), and south to the birthplace of South Australia's wine industry, McLaren Vale, it’s not just the wine that is diverse. The varied scenery, easy network of cycling paths, and support vehicle make this a trip for every rider.
Make the most of possibly our most relaxed cycling tour – ride just the best bits and be transported for the rest.
Experience the icons of Australian food and wine with visits to the likes of Penfolds, Maggie Beers, Seppeltsfield, and more.
Cycle on mostly traffic-free trails along the Clare Valley’s Riesling Rail Trail, the Barossa Trail, and the Coast to Vines Shiraz Rail Trail in McLaren Vale.
Kick back in cosmopolitan Adelaide, one of the nine Great Wine Capitals of the World.
Discover more than just wine in the stunning and diverse scenery, from beautiful rural landscapes and historic sandstone cityscapes, to some of the finest local produce Australia has to offer.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
For Cycling trips these changes are usually around finding even better roads to ride on, which can alter the distance/time we spend riding on a day to day basis, but can sometimes even extend to overnight locations.
This itinerary has a full time support vehicle for emergencies and to transport your luggage between accommodations.
Due to the relatively small distances cycled on this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group. There may be times when the leader asks one of the group to act as a back marker.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle South Australia's Wine Regions trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
2. On this trip, we have a single leader that rides with the group.
3. Your luggage is transported for you from accommodation to accommodation each day.
5. Our riding is done mostly on a well-graded and maintained gravel cycle path, so there are no technical cycling skills required. Riding distances may vary depending on the fitness and interests of the group.
6. As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same gender. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. If you’d prefer not to share, a single room supplement is available at an additional charge. Please ask your travel consultant for more details.
7. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are an 'on request' basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed booking. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking.
8. Note that on public holidays some included activities (including Maggie Beers, Penfolds, etc.) may be closed, and those open may be extremely busy. We will endeavour to source alternative activities during these times.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information