See a different side of Yosemite without the crowds from the comfort of your Airstream trailer
Immerse yourself in the silent beauty of Yosemite National Park on a four-day hiking trip during the cooler winter months. At this time of year, there are fewer tourists and local wildlife is more active, making this the perfect holiday for animal lovers. With accommodation provided in your own shiny Airstream trailer each night, there’s no need to rough it on this winter hiking adventure. See the best of Yosemite, including views of Liberty Cap, Grizzly Peak, the Panorama Cliffs, Sentinel Dome, Glacier Point and Half Dome, on a highlight packed hike. You’ll also have the chance to strap on snowshoes for an epic trip out to Dewey Point which has stellar views of Yosemite Valley. This winter Yosemite small group hiking tour is so cool it’s hot.
Experience the beauty of winter at Yosemite when the landscape is draped in a blanket of snow and the silence of this famous national park wraps you in its peaceful embrace.
Spend each night at Autocamp Yosemite in your own private Airstream, an American camper trailer that began production in the 1930s and has become a national icon.
During winter at Yosemite, there are less tourists and local wildlife is more active, making this the perfect holiday for animal lovers.
Keep your eyes open along the trail for the chance to spot bison, elk, deer, wolves, coyotes, black bears, grizzly bears, and more.
Tuck into freshly prepared, delicious meals prepared by your leader, including hearty dinners served at a special roof-top grilling area at Autocamp Yosemite.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Yosemite National Park is prone to sudden temperature and weather shifts. On winter trips, snow is a possibility so you must be fully prepared and follow the recommended clothing list closely.
Winter weather can be unpredictable in Yosemite so we may need to make itinerary changes to keep the group safe and well at all times. If this occurs, we will do our best to find comparable activities and experiences.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Winter Hiking and Snowshoeing in Yosemite trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
6. Please note, your Tour Leader will contact you approximately 2 weeks before your trip and will provide directions to Autocamp and all other necessary details.
7. Early on the morning of day 1 (6-8am), you will meet your guide and rest of the group at Autocamp Yosemite (6323 CA-140, Midpines, CA 95345). If you will not have your own vehicle, we can also pick you up at Curry Village in Yosemite Valley (inside the Park) or in Mariposa, California. Your trip will finish on a last day at approximately 5pm.
8. A single supplement is available. The single supplement applies to all nights of the trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information