Grand by name, grand by nature
Discover the Grand Canyon in all its glory on a 6-day walking adventure brimming with epic views and unforgettable moments. From the glitzy and glaring Las Vegas, jump into Arizona and get acquainted with one of the wonders of the natural world. Explore the trails of the little-visited but massively beautiful North Rim accompanied by the wild animals that call this place home, then head down to the South Rim for big views and big stories. With two local leaders by your side, you’ll unearth millions of years of history.
Explore the lesser visited but hugely beautiful North Rim of Arizona’s Grand Canyon, tackling the North Kaibab Trail and taking in cinematic views at the Coconino Overlook.
Cross the historic Old Navajo bridge and head to the popular South Rim of the canyon where you’ll undertake the spectacular Grandview Trail and Hermit Trail.
With two local leaders along for the ride, you’ll gain unmatched knowledge of the landscape and its history, plus have the chance to split up into two groups for hikes if your interests differ.
You won’t just be joined by local leaders and fellow travellers on this adventure – prepare to share your hiking trail with all manner of wild animals, including condors, deer and buffalos.
With all meals included along the way, you’ll spend less time worrying about where to get your next meal from and more time relishing in magnificent views.
This is a walking trip; a good fitness level will help you enjoying all included walks and activities.
On our final day we will reach Las Vegas between 5 pm and 6 pm. This night’s accommodation is not included so please plan your departure accordingly, or pre-book a post-tour night.
There is some driving included in this trip, up to 4 hours.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hiking in the Grand Canyon trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5. FIRST DAY: Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 5pm on Day 1. Please see Joining Point Hotel listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
6. FINAL DAY: You are expected to arrive back in Las Vegas around 5pm and dropped off at the same location as the joining point. There is no accommodation included on the last day in Las Vegas, however we can request any additional nights should you need them.
7. A single supplement is available for this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
8. Please note on some days the group will split and hike in two smaller sub-groups, each with one, experienced and fully qualified guide.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information