While the rugged beauty of Acadia National Park naturally gets the headlines there is so much more to cycling in Maine. From the coastal scenery that inspired the tempestuous seascapes of the acclaimed 19th-century American painter, Winslow Homer, to the quintessential New England fishing villages and lighthouses, to riding up a mountain at dawn to watch the sunrise above the Atlantic Ocean, Maine offers something for cyclists at every level. Spend your days riding the quiet and beautiful tree-lined roads and your evenings enjoying some of America’s finest seafood cuisine – the perfect antidote to busy city life.
Dates and availability
1. To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle. As our riding is done mostly on sealed roads with the occasional gravel cycle path there are no technical cycling skills required – but given the occasional hills involved, we do suggest practicing riding downhill so you are comfortable with this once the trip begins.
2. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 1pm on Day 1 in Portland. This trip finishes upon arrival in Portland on Day 6 around 4 pm.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price.
5. Due to the terrain the included bikes on this trip are a flat bar 'hybrid-style'. You have the option (at extra cost) of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip - this must be requested at the time of booking.
6. A discount is available to those clients bringing their own bike, please ask your booking agent for more information.
7. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
8. For groups of 6 or less clients we have a single leader that drives the support vehicle alongside the group. For larger groups, we have a separate driver and the leader will cycle all routes. Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a backmarker.
9. Accommodation is not included on day 6 of this trip. If you require additional accommodation (or want to reserve your room for the main part of the day) please enquire at time of booking.
10. Due to Covid-19 restrictions some of the local attractions may be temporarily closed, running reduced hours, or require booking ahead. Please check their websites for up-to-date opening hours.
11. OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES in Bar Harbor: Whale watching (approx 3-5hrs), Lobster Fishing/Seal Watching (approx. 2hrs), and Sea Kayaking (approx. 4hrs) are all very popular activities and sell out very quickly - these must be booked by you well ahead to guarantee a place. It is often impossible to book a spot on the day, or even a couple of days beforehand.
Filter by rating