Journey to the heart of outback Australia
Soak up the spirit of the land on this three-day outback camping experience in the Red Centre. Admire the incredible formations of Kings Canyon and Kata Tjuta, watch the sun set and rise over Uluru and learn about the local traditions of Australia's First Nations peoples with your local leader. This is a journey boasting magical landscapes, incredible natural beauty, ancient cultures and unforgettable experiences, all with an eager small group of travellers to join you.
Book before 9 August and start looking forward to an adventurous new year.
Wander through the iconic domes of Kata Tjuta, and gaze in awe at the sacred rock formation of Uluru, admiring the changing colours of the landscape at dusk and dawn.
Dine under the stars and camp within privately owned sites on the red earth of Australia’s outback – this is truly a quintessential Aussie experience.
Hike through natural amphitheatres, rocky chasms and lush oases in Kings Canyon on a guided walk and learn the important First Nations history of this land.
Accommodation on this trip is camping, sleeping in swags with sleeping bags, often with few facilities. There is group participation in preparing meals and cleaning at your camp.
When travelling in Australia’s outback, temperatures can get very high, especially in summer, and sometimes below freezing at night. Have a think about what time of year suits you best to travel.
This trip involves plenty of walking and is best suited to travellers with a very good level of mobility and fitness. Details on physical activities can be found in the itinerary.
This trip covers some serious distances in a minivan. Please read the itinerary for details on estimated drive times.
For more details on specific logistical information for this trip, see the Important Notes and Essential Trip Information sections located below the trip itinerary.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Uluru Camping Getaway trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. The default pick-up point for this trip is Desert Gardens Hotel at approximately 1 pm on Day 1. Pick-up times may vary at different times of the year
2. For the Kings Canyon Rim Walk, it is a requirement that you have a minimum of 3 litres of water with you. Please consider bringing your own refillable water bottles.
3. This trip finishes at Desert Gardens Hotel at approximately 12 pm on Day 3. Please do not book flights that depart before 12.30 pm, as we will not be able to get you back to the airport in time.
4. This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own or pre-purchase a sleeping bag from us at time of booking.
5. Please note there is no single supplement is available for this trip
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information