Off-piste adventure in New Zealand’s famed Southern Alps
If you’re an intermediate to advanced skier or snowboarder looking for an epic guided snow tour in New Zealand, we have the South Island's winter wonders all packaged up for you. Our expert guides will show you the ropes on beautifully uncrowded slopes on this five-day snow tour which takes you to four epic ski/boarding areas: Porters Alpine Lodge, Broken River, Mt Olympus/Temple Basin and Craigieburn. These Club Fields are small, private or family-owned ski areas where you can get into the snow with minimal fuss and maximum fun minus the crowds. We can also help with equipment hire and more!
Enjoy five days of off-piste powder heaven in New Zealand’s famed Southern Alps.
Escape the bustling crowds of Queenstown and get a taste of New Zealand’s best and friendliest club fields.
Leave the beaten track behind and sample four epic mountains considered by locals as NZ’s best-kept-secrets: Porters, Broken River, Mt Olympus/Temple Basin and Craigieburn.
Whether you're an intermediate or advanced skier, our expert guides are always there to lead the way.
Stay 'on mountain' in the tiny ski hamlet of Craigieburn with the ski fields literally outside your front door.
Due to the nature of the terrain and use of tow ropes this trip is only suitable for intermediate to advanced skiers or snowboarders.
The skiing/boarding takes place on Ski Club Fields, small, private or family-owned ski areas where you can get into the snow with minimal fuss and maximum fun.
Much of the snow activities are off-piste rather than on groomed slopes, and do not feature commercial chairlifts or gondolas.
While our Group Leaders will often join the group on the snow due to the nature of the terrain and our clients personal ski run preferences they can not be with everyone in the group at all times.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Ski New Zealand: 5 Day South Island Snow Explorer trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note this trip requires a minimum number of booked customers to guarantee the departure. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be advised no later than 56 days out from departure (prior to full payment due). Your Booking Agent will advise at time of booking if the departure has met minimum numbers and is guaranteed to depart. We recommend arranging flights and related travel services only once your Booking Agent has confirmed your departure is guaranteed. In the event that your departure is cancelled due to minimum numbers not being met, a full refund will be provided of monies paid.
2. This trip is operated and run by Haka Tours, an Intrepid Company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Haka customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid works closely with Haka Tours to ensure that all of our customers enjoy their time in New Zealand.
3. This trip is suitable for intermediate to advances skiers/snowboarders only
4. This trip starts at 6am and finishes on arrival back to Christchurch on Day 5 (approx 8pm)
5. This tour features many 'off-piste ski runs on Ski Club Fields - we recommended to purchase travel insurance which includes "adventure" activities.
6. Snow gear including helmets, skis/snowboard, boots, poles and ski clothing are available to hire - if you wish to book gear please contact your agent. Note that tow protection gloves are included and do not need to be requested.
7. Due to unforeseen weather conditions changes may need to be made to the itinerary.
8. While our Group Leaders will often join the group on the snow, due to the nature of the terrain and our clients personal ski run preferences they can not be with everyone in the group at all times.
9. This trip does not spend any included time in Christchurch – if you wish to book extra accommodation please contact your agent.
10. A Single Supplement is available on this trip.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information