Hike the Grand Canyon’s most famous trails, see both rims in winter and experience diverse micro-climates on an epic six-day hiking adventure. This trip takes you down the South Kaibab Trail, which has arguably the best views in the Grand Canyon, up the North Kaibab Trail to the North Rim and back to the South Rim via the spectacular Bright Angel Trail. Starting and finishing on the South Rim, you’ll see waterfalls, Native American ruins, box canyons and more – it’s an incredible adventure. Sleep under the stars, see all the best sights and take in spectacular Grand Canyon views without the crowds on this very special small group hiking trip.
Dates and availability
It is strongly recommended to book your Grand Canyon backpacking trip 5 months in advance due to the Park’s permit system. Backpacking permits are issued on the first of the month 4+ months in advance. Permits for the most popular trips sell out very quickly during the initial lottery, so registering prior to the deadline of the month you’re interested in is highly beneficial.
1. Please note this trip requires a minimum number of booked customers to guarantee the departure. Your Booking Agent will advise at time of booking if the departure has met minimum numbers. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be advised no later than 30 days out from departure. We recommend arranging flights and related travel services once your departure is guaranteed. In the event that your departure is cancelled due to minimum numbers not being met, a full refund will be provided of monies paid.
2. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
3. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
4. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
5. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
6.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
7. Please note, pre-trip orientation meeting will take place at 5:00 PM day before trip starts at the Little America Hotel in Flagstaff. Early on the morning of day 1, between 4am and 7am, you will be picked up from that hotel and we also recommend you book a pre tour night there.
8. A single tent is provided to all solo travellers at no extra cost.