An inspiring ride through the Land of Enchantment
It’s not called the Land of Enchantment for nothing – New Mexico will soon have you under its spell. Vast, varied and totally captivating, these landscapes are best explored on two wheels, and with a local leader by your side you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the region. Jumping off from the creative capital of Santa Fe, cycle your way past canyons, mountains and adobe churches, taking in scenes that have inspired painters and photographers for centuries. Explore the ancient relics of Bandelier National Monument and pedal to the communities surrounding Taos, home to artisans and artists alike.
For a limited time only secure your dream 2023 adventure for $99 - Offer ends soon!Terms & Conditions
Starting and finishing in the creative hub of Santa Fe, your local cycling leader will introduce you to the town’s fascinating history as you cycle around its most spectacular sights.
When you’re not cycling you’ll explore New Mexico on foot, hiking through the dramatic landscapes of Bandelier National Monument, which hide ancient petroglyphs, rock-carved dwellings and masonry walls.
Challenge your legs and reward your eyes as you cycle the celebrated High Road to Taos, a scenic path that weaves through the Sangre de Cristo Mountains between Santa Fe and Taos.
Ride through the iconic landscapes that inspired the works of Ansel Adams and Georgia O’Keeffe, including the San Francisco de Asis, one of the most photographed churches in the USA.
Discover New Mexico’s eclectic art scene as you pedal to the small communities that drive the local culture, including Arroyo Seco, home to artists, sculptors, jewellers and eateries.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding travel prior to booking this trip.
This trip deliberately involves a fair amount of driving – this is designed that you only cycle the very best places and none of the 'transit' legs in-between.
If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort, you have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle New Mexico: Santa Fe & Taos trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip begins at midday 12pm on Day 1, and finishes around 3pm on Day 6.
2. To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle. While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short, the terrain can sometimes be hilly so you’ll need a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy the trip – but remember, we will always have the support vehicle on hand if you need to take a break for an hour or a day.
3. A Single Supplement may be available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
4. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so we can organise a suitable sized bike.
5. The included bikes on this trip are a flat bar 'hybrid-style'. You have the option (at extra cost) of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) - this must be requested at the time of booking.
6. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
7. For groups of 6 or less clients we have a single leader that drives the support vehicle alongside the group. For larger groups, we have a separate driver and the leader will cycle all routes. Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a backmarker.
8. Accommodation is not included on day 6 of this trip. If you require additional accommodation (or want to reserve your room for the main part of the day) please contact the hotel directly.
9. Due to Covid-19 restrictions some of the local attractions may be temporarily closed, running reduced hours, or require booking ahead. Please check their websites for up-to-date opening hours.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information