Experience the magic of Moab’s spectacular National Parks
The charming town of Moab is the gateway to some of the most spectacular scenery in all the Southwest USA. Ancient canyons, towering rock formations and flowing rivers make up this corner of America, where the elements have carved away the land for centuries. Lace up your walking shoes and explore Arches National Park, home to over 2,000 arches, and Canyonlands National Park, where the Green River meets the Colorado. After days of desert hiking, explore the artsy town of Moab or watch the sunset from your lodge on the shores of the Colorado River.
Our biggest sale of the year is now on! Up to 25% off trips. Valid on trips departing 1 Dec 21 - 14 Dec 22. Book now to save big.Terms & Conditions
See Fisher Towers, one of the Utah canyon country’s most bizarre landscapes, which are a maze of soaring fins, pinnacles, minarets, spires, and strangely shaped rock formations.
Explore the famous towering red rocks of Utah on two feet, with a hike to the panoramic plateaus of the stunning Canyonlands National Park.
Enjoy a sunset picnic overlooking the Colorado River in the high desert of Dead Horse Point State Park, where ancient hunters and Wild West cowboys once roamed.
Indulge with a stay in a ranch perched along the shores of the mighty Colorado River and framed by majestic, 2,000-foot red cliffs.
Support local industry with a visit to a 40-year-old winery that started as a university agricultural project and today specialises in single-vineyard estate-bottled wines.
This is a walking trip so a good level of fitness will help you to fully enjoy it.
Moab desert is hot, therefore some of the walks will take place very early in the morning. Regardless, all sorts of sun protection is a must.
This trip starts at 8am on Day 1 in Salt Lake City. Please make sure you can make it on time (or book pre-trip accommodation) as we will travel to Moab straight after the Welcome Meeting.
Your adventure wraps up at 5pm and overnight accommodation is not included on that day, so please plan your journey home accordingly.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hiking in Moab trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. FIRST DAY: Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 8AM on Day 1. Please make your own way to the joining point hotel listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
2. FINAL DAY: Your Salt Lake City tour will finish around 5pm at the same location as the joining point. There is no accommodation included on the last day in Salt Lake City. If you wish to spend more time in Salt Lake City, we'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). Speak to an Intrepid booking agent for more information.
3. SINGLE SUPPLEMENT: A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Please note on some departures the ranch stay will take place on the 1st and 2nd night of the trip while on some others, it will be the 3rd and 4th night. Included hikes and the winery visit will not be affected.
5. Please be aware that we may need to change the order of days around to accommodate local weather conditions. We may change our plans if local forecast will suggest extremely hot days, but fear not, we will not miss on any of the inclusions and hikes planned for this adventure.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information