Discover the fascinating convict history of Maria Island on a four-day walking adventure which gives you time to appreciate the many different aspects of this beautiful and historically significant destination. On this trip, you’ll spot wombats as you explore convict ruins, spend the night in World Heritage-listed accommodation that once served as a prison cell for convicts, challenge yourself with full day walks, or take it easy on scenic strolls around the island. This tour delivers a breath of fresh air, wildlife spotting opportunities galore, and walks for every age and ability.
Dates and availability
1. FIRST DAY: Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 8am on Day 1 in Hobart. Please see Joining Point Hotel listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
2. FINAL DAY: You are expected to arrive back into Hobart around 5pm and dropped off at the same location as the joining point.
There is no accommodation included on the last day in Hobart, however we can request any additional nights should you need them.
3. Please pack lightly as you will have to carry your luggage on Days 2 & 4. 50 litres backpacks will be available for you to rent free of charge at the beginning of the trip. You will be able to leave excess luggage in hotel in Hobart.
4. This is a camping trip with all essential gear provided; tall safari tents, which include off the ground stretcher beds, pillows and comfortable bedding.
5. A single supplement is not available for this trip.
Filter by rating